Builds Farm Fresh LV (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The Heat and A/C is a Hurricane unit from Old Air. Seems to be a better fit than the others offered. Have not had it running yet but the fan seems to be plenty powerful so it should be a good unit. I installed the Specialty Power Windows wiper unit with intermittent option. Not cheap but it gave me the room I needed to run the ducts from the blower up under the dash. And it works where as the old one sorta didn't. Looking to get the glass in after the new year. Had the glass guy out to measure and give me an estimate which I should be getting later today. So i will post all that when they go in. The seats are at the upholsterer. Got the kits from $OR because the upholsterer said it would save me some money. We will see how they work out. Getting the sun visors installed. Had to go with later ones but they are not bad looking and they are new. Trying to find a rear view mirror that will work. Anyone have an LV rear view mirror they don't need? Got the horn working and the wheel back on. Took a few days for the paint to harden up cause it got cold. Seems to be hard and shiny now!
IMG_0560.JPG

Amazing work, subscribing to this thread! Just sent you a PM Re: rear reflector/backup combo, curious of your initial impressions as my "new to me" LV is missing those reflectors and I'm guessing I'll probably never find originals.

Thanks, and welcome to the never ending parts search that is LV ownership. So worth it though! I am getting down to the short list of things and cannot wait to get her on the road. :steer: Yeah, I have not been able to find any of the rear reflectors. I am still up in the air about the rear reflector/reverse light combo. I wanted to put something back to at least fill the hole but I haven't found any reflectors to replace the old ones. The ones I am using were the closest in size so far but are just a bit too big to fit in the old housings. So i figured why not try to modify them to serve two purposes. I found the clear LED's on eBay and figured it was worth a try. They would look better if I made a base like the old ones so they sit vertical and square like the original ones. If the lights are bright enough, I will make a base so they look better.

I like the idea of manual cable actuated AC/Heat control for their simplicity but did you go electronic for installation and mounting location ease? What flavor of Hurricane unit did you use?

I did the 3100 with the higher side exiting plumbing. Where I put the unit in the center, you cannot come out the back. There isn't enough room. I started with the cable and decided it was too many knobs (4) in the dash. I saw the ash tray mount of the electronic controls on someone else's LV thread ( can't remember which one) and that was it. I think it looks so much cleaner.

That pattern looks like the 64 to mid-65 FJ40 mirror (hole pattern at least).

I can post a pic when I get home. Or you can go looking for it in my LV thread. I had to repair a bullet hole and replace the glass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom