Builds Farm Fresh LV (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here it is.

F46DBE8A-35A9-458C-8E9B-AA84F6B702D6.jpeg

Mine is a little different than this one. Now I’m wondering if mine is wrong. Love your LV..

Yeah, A definite upgrade for those parts that were lucky enough to make it to the LV!
Got the front seat back from the upholsterer! Looks and feels nice. I got the fabric kit from $OR. It looks nice but a couple issues. The foam does not have any burlap so I had to have that put in and the vinyl is really thin. Would probably get it all done custom if I had to do it again. I ended up having to buy more fabric for the back seats as well because they didn't fit. May have been an issue with the two different sizes of back seat they put in the LV's but the fabric was cut so I couldn't return it.
IMG_0606.JPG
IMG_0607.JPG
IMG_0608.JPG

Next will be the door weather strip and aligning the doors so they shut. Right now the fronts look close but both back doors are way out at the top of the door. Hope I can bring that in because it will not even touch the weatherstrip as it is! Then some seat belts need to be mounted. I have the new BFG 33's so getting the rims powder coated is also on the list. Waiting for the rear bumper to take it all over to get blasted and coated.

Ok LV owners, I am having an issue with the rear doors contacting the weatherstrip. Only on the rear ones though. The window frame is about 1/4" away from the rubber at the top? I have adjusted the hinges and the frame itself as much as possible but still need to move more. What is going on here? Anyone else have this problem?
IMG_0622.JPG
IMG_0623.JPG

...probably 1960's tolerances. The window frame may need a little "persuasion". Hey, I've even seen Chip Foose get out a big hammer for a last minute adjustments. ....just don't scratch that beautiful patina!

Took the bumper supports and the new rims to get powder coated. Got the bumper back and the painting the inside. Bought a hitch off Amazon for $25 and had an extra couple pieces of metal added to the bottom of the bumper so I can bolt it on. Got the back seats and headrests back. I figured out the metal bows that hold the headliner up and got those cleaned up and painted. Put most of the weatherstrip in for the tailgate but the adhesive is failing. I guess I will go back with the 3M glue and stick it on there. Also the bottom strip along the tailgate doesn't want to stick because it is coated with the lizard skin. I am thinking of a strip of aluminum and some screws to hold that on. Side mirrors from a 55 are ready to go as well as the review mirror and the sun visors.
IMG_0644.JPG
IMG_0645.JPG
IMG_0647.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom