Builds Farm Fresh LV (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Got new horns, Washer and overflow tanks, new turn signals. Wanted to use the old ones but the lightbulb sockets were sooo rusted, Oh well. Epoxied and painted the knobs on my window cranks. Did the round bezels as well but they are packed away and I couldn't put my hands on them.

IMG_0405.JPG

IMG_0406.JPG

IMG_0409.JPG

Looking good. How about an overall exterior shot? It's hard to believe the transformation this wagon has gone through

There's old Clyde. I had not been able to look at this site for a while but the itch is back. Nice to see this truck in a different place. Have you changed much on this truck?

Not to clog up JLawsons thread but, yes, small changes only for now. Not a lot of time to work on it but if I can get to retirement some day, I can spend more time restoring it.

working on the horn. Got a rubber tube from MMCarr and a nylon sleeve. I pulled the old metal cap off the old horn ring and cleaned it up. Turned the rubber tube down to fit the ring and the inside diameter of the steering column, drilled a hole to thread it up through then soldered the wire back on. It all fit fine but I forgot to keep it isolated from the column....horns work and are quite load with out the hood on! I will turn a plastic washer to keep the ring isolated. Also got the horn plate back together with the contact and spring.

IMG_0430.JPG

IMG_0431.JPG

IMG_0437[1].JPG

Working on the back bumper. Used Buckroseau's design for the supports and bumper. Thanks again. Your build thread has been a huge help!! I did cut the outer bracket thickness down to 1/4" from 3/8". Left the inner ones 3/8" because I am mounting a hitch there as well. Had planned on the new built rear bumper when I realized what I thought was a front bumper was actually a rear bumper. So, now I am trying to figure a way to fit the original bumper to the new brackets. Old bumper has a totally different mounting pattern. No face bolts just top and bottom. I should be able to use the center holes but may need to put a couple new ones for the outer supports. I will hang the hitch below the bumper instead of through the middle. I am hoping the reverse lights in the fender reflectors are bright enough as I don't want to cut the original
IMG_0438.JPG
IMG_0438.JPG
IMG_0439.JPG
bumper up for lights.

That does not look like an original LV bumper to me. Looks like a front bumper maybe off a fj55

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom