Family of 4 will be in North Wilkesboro NC third week in April. Trail guide wanted. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi There! Looking to find one or two responsible wheelers familiar with local trails within an hour or so of North Wilkesboro. Around Boone would be great! Found Hurricane rd. and Richland rd. info but open to others. Any families out there interested in a family friendly run?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Hi, I'm in Lenoir and am familiar with Richland road and have been to hurricane creek (but that's a ways off). I've got 3 little guys also, so family friendly is a must for us. A few other responsible wheelers who have been up this way are @Steelman @Izzyandsue @pkniland.

If its the weekend of the 15th I would be up for a Richland/Old House run, if its the 22nd I have a beer festival in Charlotte. I am also planning to do some exploring in Southern Virginia over the next month, it would be within an hour of North Wilkesboro. Hurricane would be about 2.5 each way from Wilkesboro so it may be a little farther than you want to travel. Is Heady Topper making the trip with you?;)

edit: If you mountain bike you should definitely bring it. The Kerr Scott reservoir is a great place to ride and right in N Wilkesboro.

Hi, I'm in Lenoir and am familiar with Richland road and have been to hurricane creek (but that's a ways off). I've got 3 little guys also, so family friendly is a must for us. A few other responsible wheelers who have been up this way are @Steelman @Izzyandsue @pkniland.

I believe I stopped at a Walmart in Lenoir coming back from Budbuilt last year in Hudson. My kids are 10 and 8 years old and I visited North Wilkesboro/Boone area last April although I didn't see any trail action, figured there must be some. I will be back down this April and would love to explore the area but don't feel going alone is responsible (or as much fun). Hoping to take in a scenic trail, view a waterfall or something of interest, have a picnic lunch and enjoy the day. My oldest nephew from Charlotte NC and his Wife and Daughter (6yrs old) my be accompanying me in his stock Jeep JK depending on his work schedule. So the I would like to make this a real Family adventure that creates a memory. If that sounds good lets try and arrange a day that works for all of us.

If its the weekend of the 15th I would be up for a Richland/Old House run, if its the 22nd I have a beer festival in Charlotte. I am also planning to do some exploring in Southern Virginia over the next month, it would be within an hour of North Wilkesboro. Hurricane would be about 2.5 each way from Wilkesboro so it may be a little farther than you want to travel. Is Heady Topper making the trip with you?;)

edit: If you mountain bike you should definitely bring it. The Kerr Scott reservoir is a great place to ride and right in N Wilkesboro.
I can't do Saturday the 15th as that date is the whole reason for the trip! That will be the date of the second anniversary party for my brothers Copper Barrel Distillery in North Wilkesboro! Does Sunday the 16th work? I am about 2 1/2 hours from the Alchemist Brewery in Stowe VT, so I may be able to procure some. Looking forward to lining something up!

......my brothers Copper Barrel Distillery in North Wilkesboro!
Hello. I think you just got our attention! ;) Kidding aside, I feel good that someone here can make something happen for you.

what ???? a LC meet up at a distillery? sounds like a good time. sorry just thinking out loud....

I can't do Saturday the 15th as that date is the whole reason for the trip! That will be the date of the second anniversary party for my brothers Copper Barrel Distillery in North Wilkesboro! Does Sunday the 16th work? I am about 2 1/2 hours from the Alchemist Brewery in Stowe VT, so I may be able to procure some. Looking forward to lining something up!

Sunday should be fine. I was just kidding about Heady, but not really, I just saw VT and got excited. When it gets closer we will iron out the details.

I've got 5, 8, 10 year old boys. I will save the date. I'm pretty new to this area still and always looking to explore beyond the Lenoir Walmart!

So my trip date is coming up fast! I'd like to start working some details a little. My wife also pointed out that Sunday the 16th is Easter Sunday! DOH! I'm still willing to go out Sunday but understand if others will not. Hope to get something together. Thanks to all and look forward to making new friends! Anyone open to Sunday? I could do a week day also, We are available the 16th through the 20th.

I've ended up having to work on Sunday, but may be able to do Monday or Tuesday. My "wide open" week is starting to fill up, lol.

Thanks all especially slceso. Made the Richland road run today with my nephews. Took about 2 3/4 hours. We had a stock JK, stock Durango and My GX. Beautiful area, glad We made the run. Only trail damage was, two dogs of the three broke a nail. Lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom