Fall Crawl 2020 Discussion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cafe Lexy !!
for those that didn't get a bite....
PXL_20201022_222954826.jpg

PXL_20201024_125438788.jpg
PXL_20201023_223436761.jpg

I used my gaiter during my run to Walmart in Winchester to replace my melted battery.

Pics of said melted battery? What happened there?

I don’t have any pictures of the actual melted battery - it was puking acid so we got it into a bucket and off my exhaust manifold as fast as we could.

The story is that my truck has a “custom” battery tray, since the battery had to be relocated as part of the V8 conversion. Said battery tray had a plastic hold-down, and no lip on the tray.

The plastic hold down snapped, and with nothing to hold the battery in place it slid off the tray and onto my exhaust manifold.

@DustyFJ was kind enough to let me know my truck was billowing smoke so I shut it down and, luckily, got the battery out before it dead shorted, exploded, or caught fire. From there @OTRAMM gave me a jump, @DustyFJ electrical taped a rubber glove to my positive terminal to isolate it and I followed @jamarquardt22 out of the woods back to camp running off the alternator. From there I borrowed the Subaru from @shmukster and drove back to Winchester for a new battery and some ratchet straps.

Wheeled like this from that point on:

C591994D-BCA2-4B2C-87EB-186606A54E1B.jpeg

Luckily only a temporary setback, but I feel like my club will be calling me “Battery Boy” or “Mr. Battery” for a few years to come ;)

I should also mention this happened within an hour of my arrival at the cove.

EDIT: I should also mention how fantastic it was to have so many people jump to my aid. It seriously a huge honor to be part of such a generous and awesome group of people.

Last edited:
I don’t have any pictures of the actual melted battery - it was puking acid so we got it into a bucket and off my exhaust manifold as fast as we could.

The story is that my truck has a “custom” battery tray, since the battery had to be relocated as part of the V8 conversion. Said battery tray had a plastic hold-down, and no lip on the tray.

The plastic hold down snapped, and with nothing to hold the battery in place it slid off the tray and onto my exhaust manifold.

@DustyFJ was kind enough to let me know my truck was billowing smoke so I shut it down and, luckily, got the battery out before it dead shorted, exploded, or caught fire. From there @OTRAMM gave me a jump, @DustyFJ electrical taped a rubber glove to my positive terminal to isolate it and I followed @jamarquardt22 out of the woods back to camp running off the alternator. From there I borrowed the Subaru from @shmukster and drove back to Winchester for a new battery and some ratchet straps.

Wheeled like this from that point on:

View attachment 2478509

Luckily only a temporary setback, but I feel like my club will be calling me “Battery Boy” or “Mr. Battery” for a few years to come ;)

I should also mention this happened within an hour of my arrival at the cove.

EDIT: I should also mention how fantastic it was to have so many people jump to my aid. It seriously a huge honor to be part of such a generous and awesome group of people.
We will vote on your new nickname later.

We will vote on your new nickname later.

Do your worst, my friend. ;) I seem to collect unflattering nicknames, and it's all in good fun. "KFC" (when I ran cross country), "Flounder" (when I rowed crew), and "Anchor" to my climbing buddies, are some that really stand out. :rofl:

Flounder, hah. I always think of John Belushi naming the pledger as that in Animal House...

Flounder, hah. I always think of John Belushi naming the pledger as that in Animal House...
exactly what came to mind lmao

I'm sure that's where the idea came from, but I inherited it because, when I first started rowing, instead of synchronizing and pulling in unison with the rest of the team, I just "flopped around in the boat." Coordination has never been my strong suit.

Last edited:
I like the sound of BB or BeeBee (battery boy)

I think "Rick" is a perfectly fine, and respectable name

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom