Factory FJ40 Soft Tops, Bikini Tops, and Dusters. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Julie2006-

Email sent regarding an order for a top.

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks.

Love this look and your stuff looks well made @Trollhole , but I really like the sun and windshield going down on a trail. Any chance you make one that folds down? Kinda like a Bestop one, but with your quality?

Nothing that folds. Sorry. Was a project on the list back in the day but I just don't have the time to develop one right now.

I bought a full length bikini top back in August of 2015 and I'm just now getting around to the install because my Cruiser has been out of commission for some time. I'm having issues with the install. I ordered the Besttop rail linked on page 1 and something doesn't seem right.

The first image shows the driver's side.
The second image shows how short the pass side is.
The third image shows my old kayline rail sitting on top of the besttop version.

IMG_5997.JPG

IMG_5998.JPG

IMG_5999.JPG

Is there any instructions for the rail? I have seen the snaps in several different locations now. I had the same issue with my bikini top trying to figure out how much of the top goes in the rail and where to install snap.

Is this common because I ordered the rail from the link you posted on page 1?
You need to shorten the rail. We have it designed that way so it conforms to the windshield.
Okay I will see what I can come up with. The original rail I had installed from Kayline was shorter and fit my cruiser perfectly. The curved section on the ends of the rail fit nicely against my windshield. But I had issues installing your top with that rail which lead me to ordering the BestTop version. Now it sounds like I need to trim it down to be similar to my old rail. The issue with the Kayline rail was that the ends of the top were too thick to fit in the rail (because of the sewn seam).

I also have questions about the location of where the snaps go. I just installed them in the same location as an old set that were already on my windshield.

I appreciate y'all taking the time to help me troubleshoot this!

Guys I talked with Julie this morning. She go confused on widths. I'm looking into what the right with is. The Bestop rail has to be cut down. I'll get a width that we can stick with from here on out.

The issues with the buttons is people are telling her conflicting widths. We will get this straight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom