Factory FJ40 Soft Tops, Bikini Tops, and Dusters. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Guys I talked with Julie this morning. She go confused on widths. I'm looking into what the right with is. The Bestop rail has to be cut down. I'll get a width that we can stick with from here on out.

The issues with the buttons is people are telling her conflicting widths. We will get this straight.
Are we any closer to getting instructions on this?
Thanks!

Does anyone have a source on the M6 hook bolts that go into the hardtop holes to attach bungee cords to? I'm only finding them available in the UK.

Marshall - can you do the full length bikini top to work with the oem windshield channel vs the best top channel?

Question for anyone that uses these soft tops ... I am wondering how much wind or flapping noise you get at speed, lets say 50 mph ??
Greatly appreciate the feedback on this as I am seriously considering one instead of my hard top

Thanks
Steve

Any soft top is going to have some sort of flapping. It's a brick through the air. The higher end material does deaden the noise but it's not completely gone. I dive mine at 70 down the highway. That being said on long trips I use earplugs not because of the top but because the tires are so loud.

Guys I talked with Julie this morning. She go confused on widths. I'm looking into what the right with is. The Bestop rail has to be cut down. I'll get a width that we can stick with from here on out.

The issues with the buttons is people are telling her conflicting widths. We will get this straight.

We are almost 3 months from this message and still awaiting a resolution to this.

I might have missed it but is there a no drill system made? If i use a aqualu 1/2 tub i dont wanna drill ton of holes and still be able to use my hardtop. I swear i saw a magnetic system or something like that. Not that magents work on alum

I might have missed it but is there a no drill system made? If i use a aqualu 1/2 tub i dont wanna drill ton of holes and still be able to use my hardtop. I swear i saw a magnetic system or something like that. Not that magents work on alum

I have the magnetic top, but it still has bungees that attach to 6mm hooks that go into the holes the top bolts down to. The magnets for the aluminum tub need a metal rail screwed onto the tub. So either way, you're going to have to put holes into the tub.

One customer used the magnet top on an aquala tub but they glued a metal strip around where the magnets attached.

I'm 5 weeks into an order and can't get in touch with anyone...?

I'm not sure what the issue is. Julie has changed her e-mail address. It is myfatboy02@yaho.com I'll update her stuff on here as well.

Also you can call her at 864-307-9650. She is the owner of the company. I discussed your order with her late last week. She was supposed to have contacted you and given you a status. I think she said she was a week out on yours.

I'm not sure what the issue is. Julie has changed her e-mail address. It is myfatboy02@yaho.com I'll update her stuff on here as well.

Also you can call her at 864-307-9650. She is the owner of the company. I discussed your order with her late last week. She was supposed to have contacted you and given you a status. I think she said she was a week out on yours.

Yes, she did contact me. Thanks for checking up.

Anyone have any pics to post of their soft top?

I want to compare mine to others to see whether or not I have a possible fitment issue :meh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom