Factory FJ40 Soft Tops, Bikini Tops, and Dusters. (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yep. We are working on that now. We have a set of land cruiser heaven bows as well as a set of factory bows just to make sure they match. Should be 4 weeks before we have the current customers taken care of.

Received my soft top, love it. Quality is excellent. Have a few questions though, will ask in next post.

IMG_2516.JPG
IMG_2517.JPG
IMG_2518.JPG

Is everyone putting 3 or 4 of the twist locks in on the side windows?

And HOW are you installing the twist locks? Tub just drill/screw, i get that. Does anyone have a pic of the twist locks in the tub with the windows rolled up?

Also what about on the canvas top? I'm scared to just punch a hole. Any input there would be appreciated.

side-pic.jpg

Also is everyone putting a twist lock at the front corner of the winshield frame? If so drilling a hole or using existing?

front-pic.jpg

My top seems to have the opposite problem.........it needs to shrink..........the fitment is like a pair of pants that are a size and a half too large:meh:

Is everyone putting 3 or 4 of the twist locks in on the side windows?

And HOW are you installing the twist locks? Tub just drill/screw, i get that. Does anyone have a pic of the twist locks in the tub with the windows rolled up?

Also what about on the canvas top? I'm scared to just punch a hole. Any input there would be appreciated.

View attachment 1528809

Also is everyone putting a twist lock at the front corner of the winshield frame? If so drilling a hole or using existing?

View attachment 1528811

I usually don't put a twist lock up at the windshield. You can and it's included but it's really not needed.

You need to pull your top down more in the rear. If the channel cord is stopping down at the bottom you can trim 1/4" at a time and then use a solder iron to seal the areas you cut.

I'll post some pics.

IMG_1615.JPG

If the cord comes down too far you can cut the end. I use a pair of wire cutters. 1/4" at a time. With the idea of pulling the top down to the hard top edge. As well you want to first pull tight the footman loop straps in the rear and corners.

IMG_1617.JPG

I can provide exact measurements but every tip will vary based on material and option. I like to install the twist fasteners nearer to the zipper to keep the flap from flapping down the road.

IMG_1618.JPG

Also make sure this reinforcement is flat to the tub. If it's bunched up you need to pull the sides down more.

Last edited:
I usually don't put a twist lock up at the windshield. You can and it's included but it's really not needed.

You need to pull your top down more in the rear. If the channel cord is stopping down at the bottom you can trim 1/4" at a time and then use a solder iron to seal the areas you cut.

I'll post some pics.

Awesome. Pics would be great. I've been holding off on all this till i heard back.

Questions on your bows:

Are they made for later models like 79-84? The ones that need the B pillar curved slightly?

No. Most people just remove 3/4 to and inch of metal from the section where the hoops join. This usually takes care of fitment issues usually. That's why I tell people to fit the bows to the truck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom