Builds Evolution of a Land Cruiser: My 80's build thread (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

RUBICON - THE MOVIE

You guys better enjoy this. Spent hours putting it together!

EDIT - here's a Vimeo link in case commie Youtube blocks it on cell phones

Last edited:
LOL Nice! Funny seeing the other trucks hopping and popping and then seeing the fat iron pig come lumbering thru!

Cool video. I hate how the 80 lurches around like a big fat beast after every obstacle. Mine does the same thing and it wears on you mentally because every drop off is more intense than it needs to be.

I wonder if this stupid fire is going to block my trip in October

Man, I hate living in Michigan. We barely have hills, let alone mountains and rocks... Great video!

Somebody confiscate my Sawzall before I do something stupid :)

knVXYaV.jpg

dBfPgXt.jpg

Idk bro, looks pretty sick!!!

And booger, I'm thoroughly disappointed in the avatar change!!

I'm pretty particular to this one, but I like the four doors and sleeping quarters of our current platforms...

Sooner or later it's inevitable if you keep wheelin further and further into the bigger stuff like you have been. All that glass and sheet metal has a magnetic attraction to igneous and metamorphic stuff
image.jpg

Don't be a panoch! Chop Chop Chop!
Stop! Winters coming, no chop , yet...
Idk bro, looks pretty sick!!!
I'm pretty particular to this one, but I like the four doors and sleeping quarters of our current platforms...

Sooner or later it's inevitable if you keep wheelin further and further into the bigger stuff like you have been. All that glass and sheet metal has a magnetic attraction to igneous and metamorphic stuffView attachment 945501

Well, the wheels started turning while at work. Good think I have Photoshop installed on my work laptop. So here's what I'm envisioning. Chop rear top, tube doors and caged. I really would like a way to make the roof rack still work for the kayak and the family camping trips where it's not all out rock crawling for 8hrs a day.

nu6rmFN.jpg

Woody wasn't so impressed, lol

WTF is this, the Mickey Mouse After School Club?

Somebody confiscate my Sawzall before I do something stupid :)

knVXYaV.jpg

dBfPgXt.jpg

Woah... PKP80... Is Sammy even still on the board?

I can remember that rig when it 1st rolled into the Link shop, he had more stereo equipment in it then I had ever seen... Bone stock, no lift...

Took him to Gorman once and it was all over.

Man how the bug can bite ya...

Thanks for a flash back Jose ;)

Funny can your latest concept is all penciled out in my 80 file from like 8 yrs ago :)

Do it if you can seal up the interior. Get a tailgate to graft in behind the seats and move the back glass up...

-A

Woah... PKP80... Is Sammy even still on the board?

I can remember that rig when it 1st rolled into the Link shop, he had more stereo equipment in it then I had ever seen... Bone stock, no lift...

Took him to Gorman once and it was all over.

Man how the bug can bite ya...

Thanks for a flash back Jose ;)

Funny can your latest concept is all penciled out in my 80 file from like 8 yrs ago :)

Do it if you can seal up the interior. Get a tailgate to graft in behind the seats and move the back glass up...

-A

Not sure if he's still around. I've had that picture saved on my phone since I always loved the look of it. 8yrs ago? Man you're lagging, let's get to cutting. I have the Sawzall, you bring the beers :cheers:

Do 2 roof racks one for the front half and one for the back half, if you want you can unbolt either and leave them behind or put them both on and have the full space.

That's a good idea. Wouldn't be too hard to do either. Might have to relocate the mounting plates maybe.

Sammi is still around. He is just busy with life and work. He bought parts from me a couple of months back.

Before you start chopping things (I like this idea BTW), I'd really get your gearing done: 5.29's in the diffs and lower xfer gears.

Then run the Rubicon again and you will be amazed how different the truck really runs. It's night and day.

WTF is this, the Mickey Mouse After School Club?

Not sure, even the word 'via gra' is banned, kinda silly...

He did say nice pinion and asked me to change it, wasnt being a poop head about it or anything...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom