Builds Evolution of a Land Cruiser: My 80's build thread (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

beautiful build

I actually came across a set of wheels almost identical to yours and snagged them up (raceline renegade). I was curious what size spacers you're running on your hubs? I think I read on here your wheels are 4.5" whereas mine are 5" I believe. I have a set of 1.25" spacers sitting in my garage but was curious if it would give my wheels a similar stance to your setup? I may go w/ 13.5" wide tires though

beautiful build

I actually came across a set of wheels almost identical to yours and snagged them up (raceline renegade). I was curious what size spacers you're running on your hubs? I think I read on here your wheels are 4.5" whereas mine are 5" I believe. I have a set of 1.25" spacers sitting in my garage but was curious if it would give my wheels a similar stance to your setup? I may go w/ 13.5" wide tires though

Nice! I remember seeing those Renegade wheels before. Polished right? I think several companies make this same wheel design. Anyway, my spacers are 1.5" all around. Really like the stance, seems about right. Now it just needs some 37s.

MEMORIAL DAY IN THE GREAT OUTDOORS

What's better than camping on a nice holiday weekend to start the summer? Spent a few nights in the forest and camped along the beautiful Clavey River. A little bit of wheeling, campfires, food and booze :cheers:

14299420413_1bd2298a9b_h.jpg

14278549404_fff69a2f6b_h.jpg

14276958762_4dbadd30d7_h.jpg

14255884326_043f264596_h.jpg

14092434717_d7be3a4699_h.jpg

14092349018_f0eaedf7c7_h.jpg

14269247722_08b3f9d054_h.jpg

14084673689_2d70c9886e_h.jpg

14084720830_5651bfa222_b.jpg

14084676668_d6d8bbff7b_h.jpg

14268005401_b02374b9c3_h.jpg

WOW!! The last two pics are sweeeeet!! So are the rest but the second to last is a framer.

That is some great bear country if you into that sorta thing...;) Great pics too, thanks for sharing...

WOW!! The last two pics are sweeeeet!! So are the rest but the second to last is a framer.

Thanks! While everybody was drinking beers and telling stories I was laying in the dirt trying to get some cool pics. These were 30 second exposure. Would have gone for longer, but my Nikon only does 30 seconds unless you use a remote which I forgot at home. The trucks were lit with 2 remote speedlights otherwise they would have been pitch black. Took me a few tries but I think they came out cool!

That is some great bear country if you into that sorta thing...;) Great pics too, thanks for sharing...

Thanks! And I thought you said great beer country at first :D But yeah - I barely get to see a squirrel all weekend, let alone a bear. Haven't seen one out here yet.

BUMPER COLOR

So, I'm considering changing the color of my bumpers. I hope to start a DIY roof rack pretty soon and I want to coat it with Monstaliner. Might as well finally coat the bumpers too while I'm at it. Thinking of going with the grayish Pyroclastic color. When my wheels get beat up enough I may do them in a gunmetal color too, unless I decide to stick with the bronze color. Or I may do something crazy again and paint them blue.

Quick Photochop - yay or yuck? Oh yeah, I'd like to paint the snorkel in the same color too.

4HZD5Ti.jpg

And how it looks now:

Bz9FQ29.jpg

Last edited:
i saw hell yea! I like that grey color on the bumpers it contrasts the body quite nicely!

Awesome rig, surprised I haven't noticed it around town. Would like to hear more about the Clavey River spot, which trail(s) did you take? Looks beautiful.

Awesome pics, you've got some serious photography skills! How is it your trucks never have a spec of dirt on them? Man, I go to Home Depot and come home caked in mud!

OH, and I vote for the grey bumper, it contrasts nicely.

Awesome looking pics man. Should have my rig down here in the next month or so. We will have to meet up and run some trials. I've only been able to do some "mild exploring in the runner" (Folsom lake & Pollock Pines) . Can't wait to get the big girl down here and really get out!

-Matt

You take beautifully composed photos, Jose, but my amateurish eyes feel like you're doing a lot of post-processing (especially cranking up the saturation) - no?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom