Everything seems to be breaking, Help! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 2006 Lx470 with over 250k that seems to have everything breaking in it! The steering column and rack are worn out and need replacing, the A/C compressor just blew out, and the center locking diff locked up on it's own when my wife was driving it. She drove all day long on the interstate and everywhere with it locked, by the time I got to it and was able to get it unlocked, the tranny or drivetrain seemed to be having issues. The vehicle now seems to slip whenever it shifts now. So how much do yall think this would cost to repair or is it even worth repairing? Should I consider selling or trading my 06 LX470 and go for a 200 series? Appreciate any help!

Doubtful that it locked on it's own, more likely someone's knee bumped it, happened many times. Driving around with it locked shouldn't harm the drivetrain unless you were doing super tight circles in a parking lot and ignoring the chirping tires.

As for the other, it's got 250k miles, of course things will wear out and need to be repaired/replaced. Fix it and go another 250k.

If you don't do your own work this is probably a good time to unload it for whatever you can get for it.

FWIW, I was in your position when I bought my 03 LX at 260k. I was immediately in way over my head and contemplated selling it many, many times. I spent way more than I should have on bringing her back to life, but am really glad I did. I took on some projects that I thought were way beyond my skill set but have really learned SO much from wrenching on it. If you can, keep it, make a triage list of the things that need to be fixed immediately, things that can wait, and things that you just want to do. Start with the things that need to be fixed ASAP and dig around on here for how-to guides. Almost every issue I encountered had a thread describing how to fix it on here.

Good luck!

FWIW, I was in your position when I bought my 03 LX at 260k. I was immediately in way over my head and contemplated selling it many, many times. I spent way more than I should have on bringing her back to life, but am really glad I did. I took on some projects that I thought were way beyond my skill set but have really learned SO much from wrenching on it. If you can, keep it, make a triage list of the things that need to be fixed immediately, things that can wait, and things that you just want to do. Start with the things that need to be fixed ASAP and dig around on here for how-to guides. Almost every issue I encountered had a thread describing how to fix it on here.

Good luck!
Thank you much! I take it, you still very much enjoy your 03 100 series?

Thank you much! I take it, you still very much enjoy your 03 100 series?
I do. I put a ton of work into her and about 6 months later we drove her from SC to CO and back without a problem. When I bought it it was leaking every fluid it had, the suspension was shot, the speakers were blown, etc.

Long story short, don’t give up!

I do. I put a ton of work into her and about 6 months later we drove her from SC to CO and back without a problem. When I bought it it was leaking every fluid it had, the suspension was shot, the speakers were blown, etc.

Long story short, don’t give up!
Thanks, have had a long journey myself. Have had for almost 2 years and almost every 3 or 4 months something breaks and becomes a pricey repair job. AHC computer, stereo system, power steering pump, AHC rear ride height sensor, and now all this...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom