Engine plastic cover ya or nay? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Engine cover delete will net a +10hp gain.

In most cases, the engine cover causes a vibration from worn rubber isolators. Can be solved by removing the engine cover or replacing isolators. In my case, I don't really care how my engine bay looks, except that its clean and in good condition, so I removed it. It's just one less thing I need to remove whenever servicing something.

Mine was cracked and made an odd vibration during engine warm-up. Not when cold or hot, just when it was a few ticks below normal. Doesn't look as pretty but I am happy it's quiet now.

I left mine off so I can see in there.

I took mine off due to a rattle, easily fixed. The wife said get it out of the garage so i rattle canned it "BRO BLACK" and back in it went. It was marred due to a shower from an exploding battery so the paint covered the mess up.

Last edited:
Mine started rattling, glued some new foam on at the Oil Cap and put it back on.
Main reason ... no intelligent reason ... just because it came that way.

Mine is still on but I've been meaning to remove it for months now. Next time I'm in there, it's coming off.

Yep started to rattle/ vibrate so took it off. Looks good hung up in the garage

Put it back on over the weekend after having it off for a few weeks during mtc. Looks good.

Removed, but kept. It's not stored with running boards and flares in the land fill though.

I admit I kinda like it, but I smile every time I see the engine pull hooks. Thankful they're there and hope I never use them...

My TRD Supercharger.

Finally a valid reason to dump the cover. So what is the cost of admission? Im weighing my options and I think is a great reason, it is available for VVTi motors?

Finally a valid reason to dump the cover. So what is the cost of admission? Im weighing my options and I think is a great reason, it is available for VVTi motors?

It will physically fit but the tuning part will be difficult. Most likely have to switch to a standalone ecm like motec to tune it.

By the way, my engine cover is free if someone wants to pay for packaging and shipping fees or pick up in New Orleans. It came off of my 2000 LX470.

That's the first thing I removed!
Covering the engine and keeping it dark is welcome for rats/rodents to build their nests.

It will physically fit but the tuning part will be difficult. Most likely have to switch to a standalone ecm like motec to tune it.

By the way, my engine cover is free if someone wants to pay for packaging and shipping fees or pick up in New Orleans. It came off of my 2000 LX470.

IM back to its better and cheaper to keep the cover until a reasonable valid reason comes along.

Mine is off and is hung up in the garage, but all the talk about how quiet is the LC vs LX makes me wonder if I should put the cover back. If I recall correctly, there is an insulation/fiberglass type material attached to the back of the cover - I assume these are some sort of noise reduction material.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom