Electronic F & 2F Distributors (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

One for me too! Thank you

wondering if you have a resistor that you recommend ??

Any reason I couldn't run a ford E coil (obviously without a resistor) in this system for a hotter spark?

Ok, thanks, have all the components to do this, will post up with feedback if I have issues or how its working.

Ok. I wanted to use a Ford e coil for a few reasons. They have good voltage output, do not need a ballast resistor, and they have been in my experience very reliable, and readily available if it were arise that I need one somewhere down the line. So, I installed the distributor, made an E coil bracket to hang the coil securely and give it good ground. Removed the ballast resistor from the power supply circuit and connected the power to the positive side of the coil and to the red wire on the dist. . I Wired the black wire from the dist to the negative side of the coil. Connected the plug wires and coil wire. Spun the engine over and nothing. Went back and checked for spark. Noting from the spark plug wires. Checked spark again at the coil wire. Still nothing. Double checked power to coil and distributor, all good. I Pulled the cap and verified that power was getting to the black box inside the dist, all good. Check for signal on the negative side of the coil with a test light, no signal. Ohmed out the new factory Motorcraft coil. Within specs. 1.2 1.6 ohms on the primary side. What am I missing here?? Do I possibly have a faulty black box in the distributor?

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

where is the dizzy power coming from? what year 40?

It's a 76. The power is from a switched 12v source ( wiring is not factory) it's good and hot, reading same as batt voltage.

Contacted Marshall this morning. He has offered to send out a complete new distributor assembly, what a really nice guy to do business with! I Will get that put in and let y'all know what happens....

i have fj62 with carburate 3F 5 speed. Is there anything dizzy work fine? i tried dizzy on ebay but didnt work.

So Marshall shipped me another distributor and I got it today. Installed and timed it and All is good. Thanks Marshall, great customer service!

image.jpeg

So Marshall shipped me another distributor and I got it today. Installed and timed it and All is good. Thanks Marshall, great customer service!

Just to keep everyone up to date. His second dizzy I sent him took a dump. Sent home another module. I'm getting the feeling the E-coil doesn't like my module. Very strange. I tested this one on the dizzy machine as well in my own truck and all is good. Sorry to put you through all this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom