1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

drivetrain length?

Discussion in 'SC- Upstate Cruisers' started by ClemsonCruiser, Aug 17, 2006.

1. ClemsonCruiser

ClemsonCruiser

Media:
    Albums:
    Okay got a quick question for you guys.......... I want to know the length of the drivetrain of the 40 from the the fan to the rear output on the t-case. The reason I ask is after driving Mary Ellyns 80 quite a few times I have come to love that engine tranny combo. I have been struggling with what to do with my 40 for a while and seeing what waggoner did with his FJ45/80, I'd like to do something similiar with my 40. Ideally I want to find a donor 80 and just switch everything over drivetrain wise into the 40, but I am trying to figure if that is even feasible with the length of the 1FZ-FE Engine and drive train, I might end up with a rear drive shaft of about 8" :doh:.......... so I don't have my 40 readily available to measure up. I measured Mary Ellyns 80 last night and it is aprox. 6' from front to the the rear output of the t-case, I just wonder how the 2f tranny and t-case compare......

so if you have an idea of the 2f drive train length let me know, or any glaring reason this swap wouldn't work tell me now before I get seriously disallusioned

:cheers:
    JP

2. Trollhole

Trollhole THC Supporting Vendor Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    I think your better off buying a ring instead.:flipoff2:

3. ClemsonCruiser

ClemsonCruiser

Media:
    Albums:
    haha, yeah that def. comes first :D this is a project for down the road........... but before I day dream to much I wanted a reality check.

now go crawl under your 40 and measure that d-train bitch, please :grinpimp:

4. informationjunky

informationjunky

Albums:
    I'll second that one...

5. swampyCU

swampyCU

jp... even if the 80 series engine is too long, that nothing a plasma cutter and a welder cant handle ;) haha... but yeah i think the only way you could get that engine before a ring is if you dont value your life because MaryE would kill you way before you got to enjoy the engine...

6. DanKunz

DanKunz SILVER Star

Media:
    Albums:
    I know it will work in a 55...won't work in a 40 unless you stretch it. Been done.

7. ClemsonCruiser

ClemsonCruiser

Media:
    Albums:
    don't worry guys a ring is the next thing on my shoppinglist............ this is just day dreaming down the road...

Dan, I know it'd been done....... I want the lengths so I can understand how much it would have to be streched......

if worse comes to worst I will go with the ole 3FE then I can just bolt up the old H42 and 4spd. t-case no mods needed, but I want the 1FZ-FE Engine :D

I wish my 40 wasn't 100 miles away then I could compare the two side by side, but Miss Jamieson says the 40 isn't allowed on the grounds :doh:

8. informationjunky

informationjunky

Albums:
    You can drop the 40 off at my house on the way to the diamond brokers in Atlanta.

9. ClemsonCruiser

ClemsonCruiser

Media:
    Albums:
    that would probaly be the smartest thing I could do :D................

but being smart has never been my thing, besides john my 40 isn't quite up to par with your neighborhood :grinpimp:

10. CruisinTiger

CruisinTiger

Damn this has been a funny night for some threads....first Pimp Marshall and second JP gettin some good advice from his friends.

P.S. Go buy a ring!!

11. swampyCU

swampyCU

jp i would be more than happy to drive your 40 up there just for the weekend; however i might conveniently forget to take it back and use it as my DD till it breaks again.... then i would return it.;)

12. k9crazy

k9crazy K9CRZ SILVER Star

Hey JP, when you bring your 40 down to John's on the way to the diamond broker, I'll give you directions to my house too and you can pick up my boyfriend and the two of you can go shopping together.

Actually...I think I'd be just as happy if he bought a cruiser, now that I think about it!

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">