Builds DIY FJZ80 Low Budget Turbo Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That is actually the highest HP reading I have seen for a dyno'd stock 80. They are usually between 130 and 140hp. So it is either a Monday LC or a high reading dyno. But really the thing that matters is the difference or the gain between the before and after.

Last edited:
tlc1.jpg

tlc2.jpg

tlc3.jpg

Last edited:
Cool :cheers: ..guessing the waste gate you got from treadestone? I see it's coming down from the manifold...might be a dumb question but where does the other end attaches to?

Thanks

No, I had the wastegate laying around. You can get a Tial 38 from nearly anywhere. They are pretty common and cheap these days.

You can either just run a tube out of the wastegate to atmosphere, but you will get a raspy exhaust noise and it sounds like crap or you route it back into the exhaust.

even the measly little supercharger requires 93 octane. I would say any boost would require higher octane fuel.

EM?

Stock ECU and MAF and everything else.

With the full 3" exhaust it is running lean at the top end. And by top end I mean around 4000-4500. The narrowband is only showing .80 volts where it should be .90+. I haven't been able to watch the wideband at the same time to verify.

The truck jerks like it's hitting fuel cut, but it's just leaning out.

The URD unit is zeroed out like stock. I haven't made any changes. I am able to wire in my AEM wideband into the 0-5V input of the URD unit and log AFR along with all of the fuel timing controller values which will make tuning simple. I definitely need to throw more fuel at it on the top end. If that doesn't work then I might need to look at the fuel pump as the cause.

Will report back once I get there.

Yeah there's no reasonable way to fit an air to air in there. You could route the pipes under the frame but that would nix any offroading you may want to do.

I'm definitely out of pump at over 6-7 psi. It goes totally lean. I even hard wired the pump with a relay to the battery so it gets constant 14v and no go.

I will post back when I get a new pump installed.

Nicely done, it looks like you could have retained the original air box, any thoughts on that?

Cheers Peter

Bogart, Brettinsa on here just did his turbo and retained the stock cleaner box, you can find his build thread.

lilevo - Making great progress! Does your tuning software show you IDC for the injectors? You ended up going with the 440cc injectors right? I found many other options for the 11mm o-ring top fit injectors, does the ECM you're using allow you to use low impedance injectors? I think Guzza ended up with a much much larger fuel pump to support even his 440cc injectors.

If you want to see how to fit an A/A, take a look in the diesel section (there's a massive thread). Plenty of people running large front mount setups on the 80-series.

Have ben following the other turbo setups, was wondering if the treadstone manifold prevented the use of the stock air box.
Great info lately on turbo and technical applications, seems like more 'great' info lately than at any other time I have been in MUD!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom