Builds DIY FJZ80 Low Budget Turbo Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What does anyone think of this?
It's a lot of shiny random chinese parts that will not fit your cruiser, will require a lot of custom fabrication to even bolt on, and you'll probably have to sell on craigslist for $250 once you have spent a year realizing that you've made the wrong purchase.

It's a lot of shiny random chinese parts that will not fit your cruiser, will require a lot of custom fabrication to even bolt on, and you'll probably have to sell on craigslist for $250 once you have spent a year realizing that you've made the wrong purchase.

THIS ^^^

• A T3/T4 turbo is too small for a 4.5, it will kill your motor
  • That is, if this kit even provided a way to mount it to your motor, which it does not (no exhaust manifold)
  • In order to come in at that price, ALL the parts must be junk.
It is possible to build a decent kit for around $2500 (see link in my sig) but it is a lot of work and trial and error. The end result is not perfect. The Wits' End kit really is an all-encompassing "kit" meaning he's thought of everything you will actually need. And the price is reasonable for all that you get (all high quality parts). That's why I ditched my homemade kit and bought the Wits' End Turbo kit.

You'd be better off just building everything from scratch than buying a kit like the one posted.

I put a Wit’s End kit on a friends 80 and it is worth every penny and then some. On the cheap side I think you get what you pay for and probably less (like how everything at the dollar store is worth less than a dollar). On the premium side you get what you paid for and likely more (if you do your research and make smart choices).
@Heckraiser knows what he is talking about from experience

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom