Dirtgypsy goes SOA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pretty amazing build up Dirt, that tank looks sick, thanks for sharing :beer:

Thank you and is it you are, your, or you're welcome?

I kinda lost track somewhere between I dont give a s*** and fxxx off when I researching the grammer police response in the other thread.

Plan on heading north anytime soon? Lets meet up and talk cruiser over a beer. Aslo if you have some free time I am putting together a short trip into Washington on July 17th-23rd.

Sick build man, very nice.

Thank you. It has and still puts a smile on my face everywhere I go!

Clint

So any updates? Did it sell or did it get paint and tint?

I'm actuallt looking at putting the same engine in my LX450 soon to be LX390TD ;)

Not gone. Still alive and going strong. Paint will be in late March/ Apr. still working out the details and honestly it's just too cold to get any kind of quality paint done right now. I have been going through all the annoying things on the truck and it has been a rewarding experience. A/C was the best this last summer, cooling system updates, new rear bumper and swing outs, cleaning up all elec under hood, new rear panels from WagonGear, water filter/ sedimenter, and new fully rebuilt and powder coated Aussie sliding windows.

Lots of items with still a few more to go in the next few months before taking it back to Cruise Moab.

Do you have a build thread going for the Lexus?

Clint

Not gone. Still alive and going strong. Paint will be in late March/ Apr. still working out the details and honestly it's just too cold to get any kind of quality paint done right now. I have been going through all the annoying things on the truck and it has been a rewarding experience. A/C was the best this last summer, cooling system updates, new rear bumper and swing outs, cleaning up all elec under hood, new rear panels from WagonGear, water filter/ sedimenter, and new fully rebuilt and powder coated Aussie sliding windows.

Lots of items with still a few more to go in the next few months before taking it back to Cruise Moab.

Do you have a build thread going for the Lexus?

Clint

Great to hear you still have it! Some times it really is the little details that wear on you and are really gratifying to get fixed.

Look forward to seeing pictures in May.

No build thread yet, I'm just collecting parts right now. By mid summer I should have a thread started and hope to start the swap Jan 2014.

Hey Clint,

Glad to see you still working on the beast!

Sounds like some great upgrades you've been workin' on. Would love to see the pics of your bumper. I built front and rears for mine as well over the last year and I'm curious how your design looks.

Have fun!

Don

Not sure when will actually get back to posting updates on the truck on the forum. To be honest I have been burnt out on posting up things up with previous responses. My main laptop is down at the moment but maybe in the next few weeks I will get back to it.

Longbow,

I will keep taking a few pics and after the final build day on the 19th will see what I can come up with.

Clint

Nice to meet you Clint, and great 60!

IMAG0552.jpg

Hey, I was wondering if Clint was still alive!! Cruiser is still looking great.

I like the Isuzu grill emblem!!

How has it been running?

Don

Dredging up an old thread. I got to meet @tgadd and his beautiful new 60 that was once @Dirtgypsy 's rig. I must say, it's just as beautiful in person as in the pictures :D

Here are the pics from the first diff that got regeared at Cascade Cruisers bearing packing party.

Carriers out.

2624119750041288937S600x600Q85.jpg

ARB carrier with 4.11 still on.

2000471170041288937S600x600Q85.jpg

Big tools get the job done.

2990436060041288937S600x600Q85.jpg

If that one didn't do the job, there was an even bigger one!

2712238400041288937S600x600Q85.jpg

Removed the pinion and driving out the races.

2524071690041288937S600x600Q85.jpg

Clint had a howl in the rear diff after the ARB install even after taking it back to who set it up a couple times to fix it. Clint just lived with it and when the pinion bearing race was wiped down it became obvious why he was getting so much noise. Looks like the bearing was pounded into the race and left ridges for the rollers to slap against when spinning thus making a loud howling sound that got louder and increased in pitch the faster he went. The crush sleeve also looked "readjusted" from the hammer marks we could see on it.

2701030420041288937S600x600Q85.jpg

Starting the reassembly and setup procedure.

2999457570041288937S600x600Q85.jpg

That's all I got. I ended up wheeling around the property and after a few videos I ran out of battery life.

Pictures are gone 😕

My goal is to have this buttoned up and drivable by April 18th for the annual Tillamook Forest SOLV cleanup. Still lots of work obviously.
These look like great volunteer events. It’s so good to get involved. 👏

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom