Dirt Road Tops aka Julie (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Trollhole

THC
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
It's come to my attention that there is an issue with people getting tops from Julie or Dirt Road Tops. I've been trying to get in touch with her over the last month and her voice mail was always full and she didn't respond to my texts. Today I tried calling and both her house and cell phone numbers don't have any voicemail and seem to be connected. I'm not sure what is going on and if she isn't willing to talk with me then I would strongly suggest if you have bought a top from her and not received it that you try and get a refund through your credit card company. It saddens me that this has happened. I do know she was having issues with employees and getting material during covid but those days are well behind us. If you haven't bought a top from her or you are looking for a top I'll see if I can get them reproduced elsewhere. But until then you need to try and go through whatever payment type company you used and see if you can get your money back. I'm in the same boat as you, as she has two tops that I had on order. This all sucks because she made a damn good product. I talked with her a few months back in person and other than her trying to get material to make tops and really long lead times I didn't see anything out of the ordinary. I hate the drama this has caused. It seems like Déjà vu all over again.

Same here. Been waiting over a year - ordered magnetic top, bikini, soft doors and trail cover. In early December she asked for the final balance before she finished them to ship which I paid. As you can imagine, I am out quite a bit and hope she is ok as I can't imagine her defrauding customers as she seemed very genuine.

hello Marshall

been awhile

yes dejavu... the curse of the FST

I had heard from one or two that had contacted her in the past and she expressed she was REALLY backed up... if u order one today it will be over a year to get it... this was second hand info .... so IDK

Hope all is well by you

I ordered my top a year ago October, I did hear from her via text on November 1st. She said I was #7 on the to do list, she cited material shortage and she had Covid.

I tried texting on the 5th of this month and have not heard a word.

Julie came by my shop yesterday while I was out and left her new number. Those of you who are trying to get in touch with her can call her at 864-341-5368. She can explain to you what has happened. She still needs to honor her commitments.

Julie came by my shop yesterday while I was out and left her new number. Those of you who are trying to get in touch with her can call her at 864-341-5368. She can explain to you what has happened. She still needs to honor her commitments.
Thanks for the update!

Will she be able to take new orders?

hello Marshall

been awhile

yes dejavu... the curse of the FST

I had heard from one or two that had contacted her in the past and she expressed she was REALLY backed up... if u order one today it will be over a year to get it... this was second hand info .... so IDK

Hope all is well by you
Yes I really cant for the life of me figure out why all this has happened but having this kind of stuff on my vendor page casts a shadow over my own business. Once she has sorted all this out I'm going to have her get her own vendor account or she can advertise in the small business forum since that is what she really is.

Thanks for the update!

Will she be able to take new orders?
Honestly I don't know. I would say yes if everything goes like she wants it to in the next month.

Yep, understood...will wait and check back in.

Is there a question of whether or not she is going to fulfill the outstanding orders we have paid for?

Tried to call her yesterday at her old number. It was “deleted”. Did not respond. Sent her emails. No response. I will try new number. Unfortunate. Never will I submit a deposit in full to any vendor. I did because she had great reviews and feedback. My fault.

I’ve just been in touch with her, she had a fire in her shop and all records were lost. The number Trollhole listed is a good number for her.

Julie requested I send her the following info:
Name
Contact number
What I ordered
When I ordered it
How much I paid.

The sooner everyone provides her with the above mentioned info, the sooner she can resolve the issues (hopefully). Once the info is received she will be contacting those waiting for their orders.

A very unfortunate situation and hopefully things get straightened out.

Just ran across this after trying to contact her about an order I placed last September. Thanks for posting the info...

- Chris
TLCA #5215
1971 FJ40

Curious if anybody has heard from Julie. I gave her my information back in January, but have not heard anything since.

Curious if anybody has heard from Julie. I gave her my information back in January, but have not heard anything since.

I had ordered (and paid) Julie back on 12/2/2021.

I spoke with her on 12/8/2022 and she mentioned at the time that a poor employee had done poor work and she was redoing alot or orders that shipped incorrectly but once she cleared that backlog she would be good to go (albeit frustrated that good help is hard to find) - she thought my order was a few months out at that point.

I did not try to contact her until early February 2023 (which went un answered) - given my early contacts with Julie being sparse and knowing that a one man shop can’t spend time on the phone if we want them making I didn’t think too much of it. Early March I texted again and no response and then happened upon this thread. I used the new phone number - got ahold of Julie and she shared the news about the fire. She also told me she would try and figure out where my order is in the line and get back to me (that was on Wed.) -

I really hope that Julie can get back on her feet and fulfill the orders that she has (and take in new ones) and honor and deliver the quality that this forum has experienced.

Cheers 🍻
Ryan

Thanks for the update and her updated number... looks like there are several of us in the same boat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom