Delta Vehicle Systems Roof Rack (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@Delta VS
How are the awning mounts coming? Far enough along to hazard an eta or not yet?

Thanks!
have the prototypes sitting on my office floor, just waiting for time to test fit. been a lil hectic lately.

I hope you dont mind creative input on this rack. I never asked if you wanted it but...

1648481985222.png

I have something kind of similar, and when I get on muddy roads, like wet clay/gravel, my tires through mud a lot. I've collected a bit of mud and gunk on the roof, and sometimes it kind of rubs and collects in spots.

I also have full length rails in the channels, but in hindsight, and maybe in the future I will make some notches along the gutter to flush stuff out easier with the garden hose. See the areas I circled as depending on where you drive you may get gravel and mud collecting here. It would be good to have some spots to blast it out.

Once you have gravel move around and wedge between the roof and the rack it can be hard to get it out without scratching things up a bit.

Having said that, your ability to get metal bent and come together for more complex shapes is very impressive. Take care.

I hope you dont mind creative input on this rack. I never asked if you wanted it but...

View attachment 2964789

I have something kind of similar, and when I get on muddy roads, like wet clay/gravel, my tires through mud a lot. I've collected a bit of mud and gunk on the roof, and sometimes it kind of rubs and collects in spots.

I also have full length rails in the channels, but in hindsight, and maybe in the future I will make some notches along the gutter to flush stuff out easier with the garden hose. See the areas I circled as depending on where you drive you may get gravel and mud collecting here. It would be good to have some spots to blast it out.

Once you have gravel move around and wedge between the roof and the rack it can be hard to get it out without scratching things up a bit.

Having said that, your ability to get metal bent and come together for more complex shapes is very impressive. Take care.
hi Cody. That's what this hole is specifically for (in green circle). creative input is always good. we make changes to our products based on peoples input.

1648481985222.png

hi Cody. That's what this hole is specifically for (in green circle). creative input is always good. we make changes to our products based on peoples input.

View attachment 2964808

I see. I should post pictures of mine, yours may be much better in that regard.

You have these larger "window" openings along the side to fish/blast stuff out which I don't. The other issue with mine, and possibly yours, is along the rubber rails (on the top surface) that debris doesn't roll to the sides but works its way to the back. As you have the bent rearmost piece its a bit of a cavity to collet that, and harder to access with the sand ladders. Maybe easier to blast stuff forward to get it out, but for mine kind of a pain, but it sits lower than yours, maybe that makes it easier for you IDK.

The other thing, the slots for E-track anchors, if I was doing a CAD file to cut something, I may put those in.

A slot to put in a typical ratchet strap tie down is good. Of course you can hook in the large windows, but that hook can easily slide rearwards. Not sure if those e-track slots will fit a tied down hook or not, but a round hole isn't the best for hooks either. You could make ripples or grooves along the upper edge of the windows too if you wanted

My comments are in no way meant to be negative, I see your quite innovative and seem to like building new things, I only bring up as food for thought and thats something if anyone, you might bring to the cutting edge of function/form and design.

-Cody

Any progress on these awning mounts?
Just waiting for them to get back from powder. Been using them all summer with AluCab 270 at shows and on the road, they are plenty stout.

Looks like it mounts in the drip rails, do the mouldings have to be removed?

Looks like it mounts in the drip rails, do the mouldings have to be removed?
The roof rack or the awning mounts?

If you’re talking about the roof rack itself, the moldings don’t need to be removed.

Has anyone fitted a flush mounted rigid solar panel to their DVS rack? I could have sworn I saw a photo of one somewhere, but for the life of me I can't find details now. View attachment 3404357
Made a few different ones to try out, these are the winners so far far

IMG_0905.jpeg
IMG_0904.jpeg

agreed. need a 200...been looking.
Wish I was closer, I'd bring mine over for measuring. I bought a baserack and it's a great rack, light and solid. But I like to use my sunroof and noise was just unbearable. Their reverse fairing worked great to reduce wind noise when my RTT was mounted. I think the rack is noisier when empty. I've considered making my own aluminum fairing similar to what you have on your 80 series rack, and then cut out the cross bar above the sunroof... but I lack skills with working with aluminum and I know it wouldn't look great. Your 80 rack design is great. Cool that you could add the front half if you want to run an RTT or leave it off. Or, with the design of the rack being open over the sunroof, maybe you'd just run the complete rack the whole time if it doesn't create wind noise.

What's the leadtime looking on your redesigned 80 sliders and rear bumpers?

Wish I was closer, I'd bring mine over for measuring. I bought a baserack and it's a great rack, light and solid. But I like to use my sunroof and noise was just unbearable. Their reverse fairing worked great to reduce wind noise when my RTT was mounted. I think the rack is noisier when empty. I've considered making my own aluminum fairing similar to what you have on your 80 series rack, and then cut out the cross bar above the sunroof... but I lack skills with working with aluminum and I know it wouldn't look great. Your 80 rack design is great. Cool that you could add the front half if you want to run an RTT or leave it off. Or, with the design of the rack being open over the sunroof, maybe you'd just run the complete rack the whole time if it doesn't create wind noise.

What's the leadtime looking on your redesigned 80 sliders and rear bumpers?
Rear bumpers are basically done. Sliders are next.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom