Delta Vehicle Systems Roof Rack (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@Delta VS any plans to design a Delta 270 awning? I'm guessing there are already so many good options out there your time is better spent elsewhere?

@Dirty Koala sounds like your free standing awning had no issues?

@Delta VS any plans to design a Delta 270 awning? I'm guessing there are already so many good options out there your time is better spent elsewhere?

@Dirty Koala sounds like your free standing awning had no issues?
I have had zero issues with my 270 awning on my delta rack.

Finally installed this rack on the 80. I’m running the Baja lights up front and Rigid SRQ surface mount lights as backup lights on the rear secured to Rhino Rack light brackets. Very nice product. Curious if you guys have had any progress on any accessories for this rack? Would love to mount an awning to this thing.

Finally installed this rack on the 80. I’m running the Baja lights up front and Rigid SRQ surface mount lights as backup lights on the rear secured to Rhino Rack light brackets. Very nice product. Curious if you guys have had any progress on any accessories for this rack? Would love to mount an awning to this thing.

The post above yours says he runs an awning on his rack. Or am I reading that wrong?

The post above yours says he runs an awning on his rack. Or am I reading that wrong?
Delta said they’re making their own mounts. Those are the ones I was asking about. I understand you can try to make your own or attempt to make another brand of awning mounts work with this rack but I’m not asking about that.

Delta said they’re making their own mounts. Those are the ones I was asking about. I understand you can try to make your own or attempt to make another brand of awning mounts work with this rack but I’m not asking about that.
I think you'd get a quicker answer contacting Delta. I think they're pretty busy. They're great guys with excellent products.

ya, there is progress awning mounts. have prototype design figured out and am trying to get an awning in house to test.

ya, there is progress awning mounts. have prototype design figured out and am trying to get an awning in house to test.
Now I am really excited! I love how the edges of this rack are nice and rounded. When you step on the rear tire (or sliders/running boards) to load up the rack, those rounded inner edges of your roof rack are a joy to grab onto. It’s all in the details. I think this well worth the money. Highly recommended.

Now I am really excited! I love how the edges of this rack are nice and rounded. When you step on the rear tire (or sliders/running boards) to load up the rack, those rounded inner edges of your roof rack are a joy to grab onto. It’s all in the details. I think this well worth the money. Highly recommended.
won't be long now, just ordered some Alu-Cab 270 awnings since they seem to have the most involved mounting setup.

Looks great, $2k+ good maybe not..

Reactions: J2P
I believe they all mount the same. The frame of the awning is made of a length of extruded aluminum channel. The T-slots in the extrusion are where the mounting hardware attaches to the awning frame (pic):

1715283.jpeg

It would be easy enough to punch a couple holes in the DVS rack to mount the awning, but I keep thinking the day I do will be the day you folks come out with a clever no-drill bolt-on solution. :bang:

I believe they all mount the same. The frame of the awning is made of a length of extruded aluminum channel. The T-slots in the extrusion are where the mounting hardware attaches to the awning frame (pic):

View attachment 2892055

It would be easy enough to punch a couple holes in the DVS rack to mount the awning, but I keep thinking the day I do will be the day you folks come out with a clever no-drill bolt-on solution. :bang:
Called ARB, they actually have two extrusions they use, the one like in your picture, and a three slot version. Both will work with the adapters we are making.

@Delta VS
How are the awning mounts coming? Far enough along to hazard an eta or not yet?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom