Delta Vehicle Systems ceiling storage options (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You mean like the middle row storage pictures above in the thread?...

No, as stated in the post with those pics, that was test fitting for somebody with no second row seats.

Hello guys! Bumping this thread up, any of you had heat-related problems for the stuff you store up there? Like plastic/rubber parts of let's say, a jumper cable melting/warping due to higher temps up there, especially when parked outdoors for a significant amount of time?

Hello guys! Bumping this thread up, any of you had heat-related problems for the stuff you store up there? Like plastic/rubber parts of let's say, a jumper cable melting/warping due to higher temps up there, especially when parked outdoors for a significant amount of time?

I've had one in my rig since last spring, I keep a couple LED work lights up there (the long underhood types) and a bunch of clothes, etc. The light/electronics have had zero issues, and I'd imagine jumper cables would be the same. Climate is Boise, ID, gets to 105*F in the summer, AZ might be a different story?

The wire harness for the dome lights run directly below the roof and I’ve never heard of any issues in a 60, or 80 series cruiser with regards to melting wires in any climate. The dome fixtures seem to hold up fine as well.

IMO, I don’t believe there would be a legitimate issue with items melting on the rack, due to natural heat. However, there could be some other chemical or electrical reaction that may have caused a problem. We’d need some more information on exactly what was stored and how it was stored.

I’m willing to purchase the offending rack at a deep discount, and test it in the extreme heat of South Texas and get back to you with a full report. 👍🏼

I have a Speski barrier and Delta brackets up. I haven’t put a rack up yet though. The brackets and barrier do work together at least though...

Any pics?

Any pics?

Also keep in mind we just upgraded the rack, and it is about to be available with a Speski style barrier, as well as side shelves. The current orders we have waiting in line are going to be getting the newly upgraded ones.

Also keep in mind we just upgraded the rack, and it is about to be available with a Speski style barrier, as well as side shelves. The current orders we have waiting in line are going to be getting the newly upgraded ones.
I was one of the first to order the brackets and used my own rack. I now need to add a barrier.

I was one of the first to order the brackets and used my own rack. I now need to add a barrier.

Well thanks! Also keep in mind it might be less expensive to sell your setup and get the complete one from us than add a barrier to your current setup. Just sayin.

The wire harness for the dome lights run directly below the roof and I’ve never heard of any issues in a 60, or 80 series cruiser with regards to melting wires in any climate. The dome fixtures seem to hold up fine as well.

Thanks for the replies, this one by CaptClose is very reassuring, don't know why I haven't thought of this one. :bang:

Has anyone found out if this fits with the earlier style headliner?

Has anyone found out if this fits with the earlier style headliner?

This work for you?

IMG_0267.JPG

When is the barrier being released? @Delta VS

When is the barrier being released? @Delta VS
Also curious.

Sometime in the next month or so? We are traveling a bunch this month (Cruise Moab and Expo), and have a bunch of bumpers to get done, but that is a VERY easy few parts to get done. All the mounting holes are already setup for it, so the barrier will be easily added by the user any time after install.

Sometime in the next month or so? We are traveling a bunch this month (Cruise Moab and Expo), and have a bunch of bumpers to get done, but that is a VERY easy few parts to get done. All the mounting holes are already setup for it, so the barrier will be easily added by the user any time after install.
Awesome. If there is any chance of a bolt-in CSR/Rear Cargo Barrier/Interior Spare Tire mount rig all tied in together tell me how I can give you my money now!

Awesome. If there is any chance of a bolt-in CSR/Rear Cargo Barrier/Interior Spare Tire mount rig all tied in together tell me how I can give you my money now!

We will not be going down that road (spare tire inside). That is a solved problem already. @LandCruiserPhil (and maybe others?) have that on lock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom