Delta Vehicle Systems ceiling storage options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Think an ARB 50qt. will clear under one of these sitting on top of an outback shelf box and slide? Love the design!

Measure up the distance from the top of your shelf to the center of the ceiling. Can let you know what’ll fit no problem.

Anyone else with a base-model 80 (never configured for 3rd row seats) know whether fitting an attic rack like the Delta one requires installing rivnuts, etc. to permit fixing either brackets or a full rack into place?

I have a similar chrome shelf up there with some homemade angle-iron brackets (actually garage door opener hanger with lots of holes) and it's VERY solid. I'm planning on installing a roof mount, inverted and mounted to the shelf, rear evaporator next year so I have a rear air conditioner for the 2nd row folks. I have 5.75" of clearance and it needs 5.5" so I'm considering picking up these brackets to lower it a smidgen but I need to measure below to ensure it's not going to interfere with my stack of Rigid totes.

Regarding the shelf, if you offered one without the front lip, or i could cut if off, it would be perfect to mount the evaporator to.

I really like your approach, design and customer service. Keep up the great work!

Anyone else with a base-model 80 (never configured for 3rd row seats) know whether fitting an attic rack like the Delta one requires installing rivnuts, etc. to permit fixing either brackets or a full rack into place?
You may still have the captured nuts in the roof area even if 3rd row seats/etc were never installed.

I have these brackets and got me a black 16"x48" wire shelf from the container store. However, I'd love to find a 24"x48" wire shelf. Let me know where one can find such animal!

On a side note, I have a Milford cargo barrier that had to repositioned in order to accommodate this bracket but it worked out fine.

Last edited:
Think an ARB 50qt. will clear under one of these sitting on top of an outback shelf box and slide? Love the design!

It will. I have the ARB 50qt on top of the Dobinson Drawers which are a very similar height. Then I have a wire shelf mounted below the Delta brackets. There is plenty of room for the fridge to slide out. There is still room to reach in from the sliding window and open the fridge to grab a drink.

IMG_20180906_192349.jpg

I have these brackets and got me a black 16"x48" wire shelf from the container store. However, I'd love to find a 24"x48" wire shelf. Let me know where one can find such animal!

On a side note, I have a Milford cargo barrier that had to repositioned in order to accommodate this bracket but it worked out fine.

ULine sells shelving in those dimensions: Additional Black Wire Shelves - 48 x 24" H-3187BL - Uline

They even have 48x30 and 48x36.

Will check this on the JDM rig as well and get back to you!

Love this!

Unsure of whether it'll be the whole system or just the brackets quite yet but I'll def be grabbing something soon.

Crappy cell phone pic. Love the sturdy Delta brackets! Fellow mud member had ordered a two pack wire shelving from Uline I believe. I've got a 25lb Goal Zero Boulder 100 stored up there with a few soft goods on each side and blanket for cushioning below the solar panel.
20180812_174238.jpg

I was wondering if the current brackets could work on the 2nd row handles area? I assume so but thought I'd bring it up. I like the idea of moving my 16" rack to the second row and have a 24" or 20" rack in the third row. The only thing about the second row is the rack would be more biased toward the rear since that's where the ceiling curves upward for more head room. I don't have any seats in the second row so it's a no brainer for me.

Good location for a folding solar panel.

Haven't been offroad yet, but on rough road, the wire shelf does flex, thus the cushion under the solar panel. We'll see longer term about the weight of the solar panel. Brackets are sturdy enough. Time will tell on the screws into the factory grab handle mount.

I have a Speski cargo barrier mounted to the same nutserts and I believe @NLXTACY measured to confirm the delta shelf comes too far forward to work with the Speski, but the DIY shelf with Delta brackets may be good. I am just concerned with the strength of the 21 year old nutserts...I think one of mine is already cross threaded.

Hiya fellas,

Thought I'd post up with my latest findings. Figured this thread is appropriate for all things Delta attic bracket but if not, let me know and I'll delete my post.

So, I went back to the Container store and returned the 18" x 48" Metra wire rack because I wanted something deeper. It did a great job but I needed more real estate so I picked up a 20" x 48" Elfa (spell?) rack but it's not built similarly as their Metra. This rack is a bit flimsy due to the missing side walls but I installed it anyway. After going on a four day wheeling trip torture test, this rack got returned! All items kept falling down on top of the three dogs. The sidewalls are very important I realized when your rig bounces all day long.

I found an used Restaurant supply store and he had various sizes of these Metra wire racks. They were all sitting outside exposed to the elements but for $15, I didn't care. I grabbed a nice 24 x 48 Metra shelf without the four holes, one in each corner. So, this rack went in and we're going on another four day wheeling trip come Thur.

This rack is completely bottomed out on the Milford barrier but for most folks, you can adjust the rack forward/backward as you see fit. I don't have much of a choice due to the cargo barrier. This new rack did have a sidewall running lengthwise through the center that I removed. It'd have made shoving things toward the front of the 80 a little more arduous.

You can see pics with the Elfa rack in place vs the new rack in place.

20180928_103355.jpg

20180928_103158.jpg

20180928_103156.jpg

20180928_102408.jpg

20180928_101934.jpg

Hiya fellas,

Thought I'd post up with my latest findings. Figured this thread is appropriate for all things Delta attic bracket but if not, let me know and I'll delete my post.

So, I went back to the Container store and returned the 18" x 48" Metra wire rack because I wanted something deeper. It did a great job but I needed more real estate so I picked up a 20" x 48" Elfa (spell?) rack but it's not built similarly as their Metra. This rack is a bit flimsy due to the missing side walls but I installed it anyway. After going on a four day wheeling trip torture test, this rack got returned! All items kept falling down on top of the three dogs. The sidewalls are very important I realized when your rig bounces all day long.

I found an used Restaurant supply store and he had various sizes of these Metra wire racks. They were all sitting outside exposed to the elements but for $15, I didn't care. I grabbed a nice 24 x 48 Metra shelf without the four holes, one in each corner. So, this rack went in and we're going on another four day wheeling trip come Thur.

This rack is completely bottomed out on the Milford barrier but for most folks, you can adjust the rack forward/backward as you see fit. I don't have much of a choice due to the cargo barrier. This new rack did have a sidewall running lengthwise through the center that I removed. It'd have made shoving things toward the front of the 80 a little more arduous.

You can see pics with the Elfa rack in place vs the new rack in place.

View attachment 1802304

View attachment 1802305

View attachment 1802306

View attachment 1802307

View attachment 1802308

Looks great, thanks for posting pics!

Where did those bars that go from seatbelt to seatbelt come from?

Alla,

Thanks for the info!

As an aside, what RTT do you have that it requires the ladder to be removed when not deployed? Sorry for the hijack but curiosity has the better of me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom