Builds Daughterofromers 2007 GX470 Build Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Romer

fatherofdaughterofromer
Threads
We finished the build for @daughterofromer 2007 GX470. All we need to do is replace the spare with a BFG AT KO and install Radios

I was excited to get a prototype set of @sleeoffroad Sliders. They are pretty cool and have lights that you can see at night when you open the door
G3.JPG

It has an OME 2.5" lift with:
  • OME 2885 Front and 2889 rear springs
  • OME N90000-S Front Struts and N60004-S sprot rear shocks
  • SPC-25480 Adjustabel UCAs
Rear ARB Locker with an ARB Twin compressor with Slee Compressor Mount and 80 series locker switch
G6.JPG

Metal Tech Pegasus 1 Rear Bumper. We drilled two holes for the Licenses plate bracket. The sales person told me I had to get the basket or gas can carrier for the plate bracket to work. Two holes and it works fine. We did originally order the basket but it didn't fit on the GX so I returned it. They have sold gas can carriers and hadn't tested that yet
G5.JPG

An ARB Bull Bar front bumper. We used the roll bar tubing for support covered by the Garage seal @Scat Adams talked about. I had the tubing left over from my 40 build. Its like the insulation for plumbing but with the diameter for a roll bar with better material. It came with the roll bar covers I bought from SOR. They dont have it separate on their web site, but if you call them they probably would sell it to you
G8.JPG

This is the Trim we used on the fenders

We have the Cobra 75WXST CB Radio to install and we will need to figure out which mobile HAM we will go with

Really happy with the Build

Last edited:
We also went with the full set of RCI Skid plates including the gas tank
G7.JPG

A few more shots
g1.JPG
G2.JPG
G4.JPG

Sneak peak on the slider lights please!

Rachel will have to post them as I typically don't see it at night when you can show the lights

285 70 17 on the BFG size

If I become @friendofromer can I expect some uber-generous and cool toys this XMas??? Nicely done - dad-of-the-year candidate for sure!

You totally lost me with the "roll bar tubing for support covered by the Garage seal @Scat Adams talked about" mention above. Got a link to @Scat Adams post? Sorry if I'm daft - just curious what it is, what it's for, etc.

I took Roll Bar tubing from SOR, looks kind of like this
ga2.JPG

I bought Black shinny Garage door seal at Home Depot
ga3.JPG

I laid the seal over the tube and essentially shoved it into the gap between the headlight and the bumper. The tube gave it form and I also used dbl sided outdoor weather tape to seam it at the top. This way the tape isnt load bearing, the tube does that

It looks like this when done

Ga1.JPG

I'll get some pics of the lights at night. Also I think the roll bar tubing fell out because it wasn't attached. So still looks good with just the garage door stuff to fill the gap.

Nice build!

Do you have any pictures of how the sliders mount? They look good.

Sorry I dont. Next time I see Rachel and her truck I will see if I can get better pictures. You can call Slee and ask any questions you might have. I had them install the sliders, Lift and Locker while we did the bumpers and skid plates

Rachel, how's the ride with that OME lift? I hear it's stiff unless you add some weight, which I guess you did... is it tighter feeling than your stock setup? Also did you leave the stock UCA's, or also upgrade the upper control arms?

Need to figure out suspension on ours, as our airbags are giving up the ghost. Maybe I should run down there and pull your airbag parts out of the dumpster :)

edit: ok saw that you got the SPC UCA's.. nevermind. btw Ken that's a 100 series locker switch, not an 80.

It was definitely tighter than with stock setup before adding the weight. I didn't mind it. I drove around for a couple weeks like that.. Plus I was really tall ;)

Now with weight it feels good.. balanced. I'm VERY happy with it. Dying to get it off road!!

btw Ken that's a 100 series locker switch, not an 80.

Looks like what I had in my 80, but you have one in your 100 so you would know.
It was definitely tighter than with stock setup before adding the weight. I didn't mind it. I drove around for a couple weeks like that.. Plus I was really tall ;)

Now with weight it feels good.. balanced. I'm VERY happy with it. Dying to get it off road!!

Patience my child, Patience :D

Of course I am wheeling now with the 200 group in Breckenridge

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom