Custom 4 door build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Johnny, they are reproduction artillery wheels, 16x 6 with some repro 7.50x16 coker tires, they did go well with the old look. They are for sale, they are actually a period 40's hot rod wheel now days.

The 45 lid will suit the build but I keep visualizing a 40 style with fully enclosed lid to carry 8 adults. Be nice to have it all.
Very nice find and looking forward to the updates as it comes tojether.
Thanks

Somebody needs to Show it to some Toyota Execs.!

Thats the rig we all want, not that silly looking FJ!!!!!!

Wow nice

Sent from outer space via my mind

Been tinkering a little, playing with the top, trying to make it weather tight without altering the top. It fits pretty good considering its for an fj40. Put on some 34x9 swampers on split rims Ive had for years. I like the look and they ride much nicer than the boggers, but need to lower the truck a few inches! The ome springs and bilstein 5125's sure is a good combo, rides and handles great. I have some cage ideas and hard top build ideas, nv4500 install ideas, does it ever end!

image.jpg

I like that wheel/tire combo a lot. Are you thinking you can use the OEMish soft top and have functioning/convenient rear doors...or are you hesitant to cut into the top?

Hard top would be very cool.

Put on some michelin xls, looking like a military rig again! I have run these in the past and they ride great on the highway, very smooth.

image.jpg

Sweet, are those 38in military's? I have a few that I have scrounged up, but can't find them anywhere up here, where did you get these, is there a source in the states you can get them, new or used?
Thanks,
Deny

Deny, they are 38's, not easy to find here either, i found them locally. I thought you guys got the smaller xl up north? I found some on ebay years ago, but havnt seen any since.

Yeah I have two old ones on my Military trailer and two spares in somewhat decent shape (gave one away to local cruiser guy for a spare also). Yes they are only 36's, but I have seen guys run 38 xls, so it must be possible to find them, but about 10 years ago they were still selling them at a used tire place in Edmonton, but when I was searching 3 years ago you can't get them anymore (only can find them privatly and really old usually). Probably selling all the old military stuff overseas now? Shame, I think those tires would be really good for expedition travel, one day when I build up my troopy and drive down to central america I have to find my self a good set of 36 or 38 michelin military's ;)
Thanks for the response.

Dont know how I missed this one Whitey, but I like it!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom