Custom 4 door build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

whitey45

SILVER Star
Threads
I sold my fj45 about a year ago, and the plan was to build a rig that could haul the family. I have a troopy that i could never find the time to build,and was getting frustrated not having a cruiser to drive. Then i stumbled on the perfect family rig and an idea i have been wanting to build for many years. I actually have all the sheetmetal to build a 4 door, just no time to do it. So i bought this custom 4 door not really knowing how well it was done. It was built to look like an old ww2 command car. It looked goofy but I had a vision! The grandpa command car just wasnt doing it for me, so i dug into the parts stash and changed it up! Here is a pic of what it used to look like!

image.jpg

The first thing to go was the nice canvas top. I had an ocd top and factory bows, so i put it on and it fits pretty well, still need to build a rear wall and figure out windows. Next thing was the rear tub and barn doors were raised to the height of the doors, looked really weird and was done very nicely. I cut down the tub and put a factory tailgate on. Next was the bench seats, had a rear fj55 seat, i installed 4 factory buckets and the rear got short jump seats, room for 6!! The rig is based on a 71 fj40 stretched to 120 inch wheelbase. This thing was done by a well known shop in hollywood that builds cars for movies. It was really well done and is very solid, the rear doors are full width with a little mod to match the wheel well. Standard chevy 350, th350 auto, ps, power disc brakes,etc

image.jpg

Next mod was the arb front bumper( from my 45) and a rare icon rear bumper, really well built and came off a 150k icon!!! Then i got a little carried away!

image.jpg

Nice 45 4 door 4x4.
I'm looking forward to this build and please keep the updates coming. Ineresting how you cut the back down are you going to run a shorty roof on the back with a extended roof or just go the soft top all year round.
Cheers

I have plans for half doors, tube doors, fst straps, and no doors!!! I have an fj45 top that will be stretched to build a hardtop and have all 4 doors with proper enclosures. Here is a shot of the seating.

image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom