Curious who made this "F" engine filtration part (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So, I recently found this aftermarket oiling setup on a CL 69' "F" motor. It's designed to run the common Fram PH8A screw on filter and it bolts directly to the "F" engine block were the regulator would normally go.

IMG_4221.JPG

IMG_4222.JPG

IMG_4223.JPG

I'm curious because the quality on this is VERY good. It's machined/milled out of a solid stainless steel block and then TIG welded. The filter mount is secured with nutserts, this does not appear to be your "weekend" aftermarket oiling/filtration project.

There are no markings of any sort but again, VERY well built. The stock regulator mounts externally on the stainless block, I believe the hard line was likely feeding an aftermarket oil pressure gauge??

If YOU made this, kudos to you.

Oh, I should mention that that the oil return (filtered oil) went straight into the side of the oil pan itself. An NPT fitting had been brazed/braced into the side of the pan. This is common on a naturally aspirated Toyota diesel swap that is then upgraded with a turbo but I've never seen it on a naturally aspirated gas engine, let alone an old "F".

Yep, it certainly is. Regardless, somebody went through it. I'm figuring this took hours or thought/machining/milling

A machinist probably owned it at one time. They're a crazy lot. I picked up a 40 long ago that was owned by a machinist that did a lot of aircraft and military stuff.
He remanufactured all the shackles, shackle hangers, spring hangers on the frame, and dozens of other small parts from stainless
alloys of different types. He had a thing for stainless. He said that if titanium had been cheaper he would have used that. I guess we all look for ways to apply our gifts to our daily lives......look what Cheech and Chong used to build their van :)

Hmmm, OK. Thanks for the input here, I can see crazy machinist route. I believe I will be selling it as I have no use for it and it deserves a good home. Much too nice to be scrapped.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom