Cruisers & Co + Wholesale Automatics + HGM A750F Transmission Swap

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I was just gifted a 2005 Tundra, running and fully functional with a questionable frame!

So the question is seeing it has the incorrect A750, but still has an A750, from my zero knowledge about auto transmissions, is the output shaft I need to convert this 750 to mate to the Hf2a,

PN 35073-60100 ?​

EDIT just realized that pn is for the 442, UZJ100 IPC does not show the "output Shaft"?

Does anyone think this is practical?

Thanks
No answers, but I'd be tempted to make a UZJ80!
 
Found this, answered my question.

 
Found this, answered my question.

Was about to direct you to this thread. It's at least the second time it's been referenced here
 
Yessss!
IMG_4062.webp
 
Took delivery of the trans on Thursday. I can’t wait!

The trans does not come with a neutral safety switch. Will we or won’t we need to purchase one? Early on in the thread it was said we will and then later on we won’t.

Any other news, updates or testing you’d like to share with us to tide us over? I’m chomping at the bit to get this in the truck!
 
I’m just curious as when I built the 4.6 1FZ, a stud that was .5” longer than the 2JZ was chosen as it was closer to the length of the stock bolt… at least that’s my recollection. One stud definitely needed a quick trim. Sounds like the 2JZ is the go to now.
 
Last edited:
I'm planning my approach to a tranny swap and turbo for my 97 LX but have a couple of questions:

Will the full C&C 750 kit with the modified valve body support a Stage 2 turbo kit (95-97) running at 10psi or so comfortably and can the 750 tranny handle a full 14psi of boost.

Will purchasing a Stage 2 turbo and the 750 tranny kit together be discounted as some parts (i.e. TransGo Shift Kit for the A343F) won't be required?

Does the 3" air-to-air intercooler wreck the AC with heat soak in traffic and on trail? (I'm running a modified oil weight in my blue fan clutch.)

Thanks and I'm excited for the 750 tranny driving improvements!
 
I'm planning my approach to a tranny swap and turbo for my 97 LX but have a couple of questions:

Will the full C&C 750 kit with the modified valve body support a Stage 2 turbo kit (95-97) running at 10psi or so comfortably and can the 750 tranny handle a full 14psi of boost.

Will purchasing a Stage 2 turbo and the 750 tranny kit together be discounted as some parts (i.e. TransGo Shift Kit for the A343F) won't be required?

Does the 3" air-to-air intercooler wreck the AC with heat soak in traffic and on trail? (I'm running a modified oil weight in my blue fan clutch.)

Thanks and I'm excited for the 750 tranny driving improvements!
The A343 & A442 is the weakest link when boosting. We had to detune my stage 2 so I don't granade my A442. Its running comfortably at 12.5pdi. but once I do the A750f I'm going to 15+ psi.

The intercooler does not effect my AC and it has been in the 100 degrees here in CA
 
I'm planning my approach to a tranny swap and turbo for my 97 LX but have a couple of questions:

Will the full C&C 750 kit with the modified valve body support a Stage 2 turbo kit (95-97) running at 10psi or so comfortably and can the 750 tranny handle a full 14psi of boost.

Will purchasing a Stage 2 turbo and the 750 tranny kit together be discounted as some parts (i.e. TransGo Shift Kit for the A343F) won't be required?

Does the 3" air-to-air intercooler wreck the AC with heat soak in traffic and on trail? (I'm running a modified oil weight in my blue fan clutch.)

Thanks and I'm excited for the 750 tranny driving improvements!
I’m going to be going to stage 2 very soon on my 80 and will let you know. I currently have a nomad valve body in mine but may swap for an extreme. I will run it with the nomad first and see how it does at full pressure. The VB is included in the swap kit so no need for a trans go kit.

AC hasn’t been a problem with the IC. I’m running 20K in my fan clutch and that’s what we run in all our builds unless someone lives in a really hot climate like Arizona then we will run 30k
 
I’m going to be going to stage 2 very soon on my 80 and will let you know. I currently have a nomad valve body in mine but may swap for an extreme. I will run it with the nomad first and see how it does at full pressure. The VB is included in the swap kit so no need for a trans go kit.

AC hasn’t been a problem with the IC. I’m running 20K in my fan clutch and that’s what we run in all our builds unless someone lives in a really hot climate like Arizona then we will run 30k
Great, looking forward to the Stage 2 results. I'm running about 34k in my clutch (used to live in AZ).😀
 
Took delivery of the trans on Thursday. I can’t wait!

The trans does not come with a neutral safety switch. Will we or won’t we need to purchase one? Early on in the thread it was said we will and then later on we won’t.

Any other news, updates or testing you’d like to share with us to tide us over? I’m chomping at the bit to get this in the truck!

@Cruisers and Co , In case you missed it.
 
Back
Top Bottom