Cracked dashes may potentially be resolved by Toyota (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've been waiting for almost a year now and I still have an estimated 6-9month wait ahead of me...

My local Lexus dealer assessed my dash in March and it was installed last Monday. I guess I got pretty lucky somehow, maybe it was due to the color or my small scale local dealer?

My local Lexus dealer assessed my dash in March and it was installed last Monday. I guess I got pretty lucky somehow, maybe it was due to the color or my small scale local dealer?
I have been hearing a lot of that, but some reason we just can't get them in the pnw.

The kid relating the mesg. From the manager said that parts get put on hold for a while in manufacturing. They will build dashes for a year then shelf production for 6 months and then bring it back. So I guess it's on the shelf right now.
I have a cousin that works at Toyota Carlsbad so I may tap that info line and have him look into it for me. For all I know one of the other 4 Lexus dealers around here has one sitting on the shelf.

I'm still waiting on my email saying to go get it installed. I'll make a pass by there next time I'm in the town that is going to install it...2 hours away.

Curious: what color is your dash?

I'm sure the color and mix definitely plays a part. For most that I have seen it doesn't seem to come any faster regardless of color. I will say however that like with Camry (obviously the vast majority of ones we are doing) we have had some customers cancel, no longer own the vehicle, get totalled, etc. and we have been able to switch that dash to the next customer in line. So always a possibility that you could get bumped up the list that way.

Let's all keep in mind though that at least Toyota/Lexus have stepped up to fix this issue FOR FREE. So while it may not be convenient and the wait time may be long, please be appreciative of that fact and be nice to your local dealer. It is not their fault that they can't get the dash quickly.

Has anyone had issues with the side molding falling off in the summer? The first summer we had ours we had to get them put back on at a body shop after 6 hours on a rooftop garage.

I just got the call to bring mine in on June 1st for a new dash :bounce:

Oh, and I'm glad this thread was updated, because here is an IMPORTANT notice: You MUST have your vehicle inspected / entered into the system BY May 1, 2017. Now, I don't know if that means Monday, May 1 is too LATE or if that's the last day, but if you have a cracked dash and you're not on the list to have it replaced, you need to do it no later than (I would recommend) tomorrow, April 29. If you're not in the system by their deadline, you lose the opportunity to have it replaced free, under warranty. by Toyota / Lexus.

Just thought I'd update the community on that.

Oh, and I'm glad this thread was updated, because here is an IMPORTANT notice: You MUST have your vehicle inspected / entered into the system BY May 1, 2017. Now, I don't know if that means Monday, May 1 is too LATE or if that's the last day, but if you have a cracked dash and you're not on the list to have it replaced, you need to do it no later than (I would recommend) tomorrow, April 29. If you're not in the system by their deadline, you lose the opportunity to have it replaced free, under warranty. by Toyota / Lexus.

Just thought I'd update the community on that.

so where did you get that information

mine is going in to the dealer on Weds for the airbag recall and they said they will inspect the dash at that time. Right now I have no cracks, but they said there are other things they look at. my dealer never said anything about the May 1st date when I schedule my appointment 2 weeks ago, all he said was May 31st.

Anyone know if they will replace the dash if it hasn't cracked yet? I'm worried it will eventually.

I was told by a dealer Scottsdale that, no crack, no replacement. the dealer in Albuquerque said they will look at the texture and if the dash has a sticky feel to it.

I was told by a dealer Scottsdale that, no crack, no replacement. the dealer in Albuquerque said they will look at the texture and if the dash has a sticky feel to it.
Ok thanks. Knowing my luck it will crack after the replacement gig expires. I may take it by one just in case.

so where did you get that information

mine is going in to the dealer on Weds for the airbag recall and they said they will inspect the dash at that time. Right now I have no cracks, but they said there are other things they look at. my dealer never said anything about the May 1st date when I schedule my appointment 2 weeks ago, all he said was May 31st.
Was told that by my Lexus service rep in Jackson, MS. Hope you're right, but that's what I was told.

Wifey emailed me today saying she got a call Lexus of NO has our dash. I'm out of country and 3 kids in school she said told them it'd be a week before it'd get to them. They said they'd go to the next on the list since we're 2 hours away I'm screwed.

Bell Lexus in Scottsdale replaced mine with no cracks.
I think this entire deal just varies by dealer. I just called mine, they said a previous inspection was tied to the vin# and everything looked ok. Won't replace it unless it's cracked or sticky.

My dash has started to have these odd shiny areas, but they aren't sticky....the dash isn't cracking and I don't want to have Lexus replace it if its not going to crack, but can someone elaborate on the "sticky" aspect of the dash replacement?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom