Covid-19 thread (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I like how businesses are adapting and rolling with this;

Today I'm taking my cat to the vet for a rabies shot. I simply pull up in the parking lot, call them, they take some notes and someone comes out to take the cat in and then return him when they are finished.

Yesterday I called in a warranty claim on a battery tender. Their sales guy Tim was working from home. He sent me an e-mail, I took a picture of the unit with the cord clipped off and serial number visible and they are sending out a new unit. Easy peasy!

Our local Trader Joe's, and maybe your grocery store too, has a very simple line on the handicap ramp where there are staff wiping down and handing you a grocery cart and limiting access to the store. It may be the nicest Trader Joe's shopping experience I've ever had.

We are all okay so far. We were able to barter a few rolls of TP for some hand sanitizer that my neighbor had pre-ordered.

We are a family of six, and we definitely roll through the food!

Our teenage daughter had been working at Rita's water ice, and she takes a great amount of pride in this. Rita's water ice thought they were essential and take out only, so they were staying open. I had to put the kibosh on it and the fallout has been monumental!
16yo girl without a phone, without an outlet 🤯🤯🤯

The schools are getting their sh!t together, Google classroom, seesaw (for Theo), ect... We have been using Kahn Academy independently from the schools too and it is great.
Trouble is, we have a elementary schooler, middle schooler, and a high schooler.... It's a lot to get up to speed on!

Take care of yourselves out there all, stay on your property if you can!

For those that are struggling to find, milk, bread, and meat. At least down in Delaware I have been lucky going to a butcher or bakery for those items and believe it or not, just the local convince store or gas station for the milk... (Still have yet to find another location for dairy in general)

I have a membership at Restaurant Depot and went there yesterday after picking up my 2 packages of bees I ordered 3 months ago. First time actually getting out of my truck after leaving my property in almost 2 weeks. If you don't know, Restaurant Depot is like a Costco for small independent restaurateurs. They stock bulk bakery, meats, canned goods, frozen foods, etc. The only thing you need to have to get a membership is a valid state issued Sale Tax Exempt form and state that you're selling food items as part of your business. Basically they want to not charge you sales tax on items you're going to sell and charge sales tax yourself. I have a small IT business (although I told RD I was a catering company) and used that sales tax form to get my membership. Anyway, I went there yesterday and the place was practically empty of shoppers but fully stocked with food. As you can imagine most restaurants are going to be scaling back big time and what I saw clearly suggests that. I picked up 4 pork shoulders, bread, a box of frozen meatballs, 4 gallons of milk, sugar, 36 pounds of butter :p and a few other items. I even saw they had toilet paper even though it's the cheap stuff you might find at a restaurant.

The other thing about Restaurant Depot is you can get several cards on your membership and they're all tied to your business name so anyone can use them (think employees responsible for purchasing). I looked online and I saw a few warehouses in PA so thought I might pass along another option for food up there. And there's not someone out front like Costco looking at membership cards on your way in so if you wanted to go check one out go for it. But in order to buy you scan your card on the way in and scan it at check out.

Last edited:
Victory is mine!!!

We were legitimately running out of TP and Tissues. Hopefully this pack wasn’t buy one, get Covid free, but I had a luck streak at Walmart. Still didn’t get everything for the week but found some meat and paper products.

037456C7-4B2E-4662-9FAA-8DC29306302F.jpeg

Adorbs!

Three kids in three different schools in our district tested positive today. Two high school, one elementary.

One of the high schools is where my oldest daughter goes. Hmmm...

Fortunately our daughter, son in law & grandsons are stationed in RI. ( the alternative was Italy) Gresh is currently working from home. He made this video a couple of days ago. Virginia and I are lucky enough to have passed our love of music to our kids. Daughter Kate is a oboist while Gresh blows his sax.. Enjoy

Last edited:
Three kids in three different schools in our district tested positive today. Two high school, one elementary.

One of the high schools is where my oldest daughter goes. Hmmm...
That’s a tough one. We were visiting family in RI two weeks ago. My grandsons home swimming pool was closed for the same reasons.. stay safe, take care.

Went to Delaware to reup on liquid supplies, and the parking lot was full of...you guessed it...Pennsylvanians!

Not a single DE plate to be seen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom