Builds Continued Adventures of Sweet Brown (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mount a plate and use whatever small mirror you want.
It's a Lexus. Gotta keep it bougie. I mean, moving the mirror by hand is so pedestrian. That's the kind of thing you have to do in a Jeep.

It's a Lexus. Gotta keep it bougie. I mean, moving the mirror by hand is so pedestrian. That's the kind of thing you have to do in a Jeep.
You well be folding those mirrors by hand out of the way, or lose them !!
Unless your just going to street drive your trail reg 😝 🤪

You well be folding those mirrors by hand out of the way, or lose them !!
Unless your just going to street drive your trail reg 😝 🤪
It's my new Costco grocery getter. I need to compete with all of the lifted Gladiators in the parking lot.

She's entered in to the 2023 Oregon Trophy Challenge - https://www.riderevival.club/events-1/oregon-trophy-challenge-2023

I'll get about a week of time to tinker with anything that needs some love between getting the rig back to Seattle and dragging it down to Oregon for the event. No seat time? No idea how the new-to-me truck drives? No shakedown runs? No problem!

She's entered in to the 2023 Oregon Trophy Challenge - https://www.riderevival.club/events-1/oregon-trophy-challenge-2023

I'll get about a week of time to tinker with anything that needs some love between getting the rig back to Seattle and dragging it down to Oregon for the event. No seat time? No idea how the new-to-me truck drives? No shakedown runs? No problem!

You well have a great time with Sweet Brown there.
Tillamook state forest ( brown's Camp OHV park ) is very challenging.

You well have a great time with Sweet Brown there.
Tillamook state forest ( brown's Camp OHV park ) is very challenging.
Looked like some serious rock gardens there. I'd actually planned to take the Unicorn, but after seeing video from last year of rigs on 42s with full hydro and bead locks struggling I thought better of it.

Looked like some serious rock gardens there. I'd actually planned to take the Unicorn, but after seeing video from last year of rigs on 42s with full hydro and bead locks struggling I thought better of it.
I’ve been there 4 times. You will get lost because the map and the roads don’t jive. Or maybe you won’t, you have tech. Fire break 5 is a good and fun 80 type trail. It’s a single black Diamond trail. Double and triple black Diamond trails are man made and extremely difficult. Take food and gear to spend the night wherever you mIght be stuck. I’d go to spot you but my rig is down. When are you going?

I’ve been there 4 times. You will get lost because the map and the roads don’t jive. Or maybe you won’t, you have tech. Fire break 5 is a good and fun 80 type trail. It’s a single black Diamond trail. Double and triple black Diamond trails are man made and extremely difficult. Take food and gear to spend the night wherever you mIght be stuck. I’d go to spot you but my rig is down. When are you going?
The event is 5-7th of May.

I won't get the choice on where I'm going - We'll be following a prescribed course.

The event is 5-7th of May.

I won't get the choice on where I'm going - We'll be following a prescribed course.
I was there a couple years ago during that event. I hung out at the bottom of airplane hill. I’ll probably be there to cheer you on.

Decided to start tinkering before the Oregon Trophy Challenge in May before getting the truck to Seattle. Apparently i got carried away.

Going to replace the full rad support. I broke off so many bolts it wasn't worth trying to extract them all. Also deleted the AC and changed up some wiring. Moved the compressor behind the air cleaner and ordered some DEPO headlights and a new grill.

Designed and fabbed a new bracket for the compressor with help from @Pascoscout. Broke out the credit card and ordered a small pile of other stuff while i was at it - more lights, Delta consoles, switch pro etc.

Should be fun getting it all done before the May 5th race.
PXL_20230403_170609179.jpg
PXL_20230403_002201396.jpg

PXL_20230312_214627622.jpg
PXL_20230314_054600838.jpg

That bracket looks pretty good. If we roll over at least we know the compressor will survive.

Where are you getting DEPOS? I thought they were NLA?

Oh and its scary but your kitchen appears to be nearly identical colors and materials to mine... If you have Saltillo tile then 😱
bodykits.com - I double checked and they're apparently on the way. We'll see what actually turns up.

She's on the way to Seattle. Super cool driver who put up with me having to boost the truck... Because despite being put back together, i didn't check to see if it would start.

Derp.

The real work starts this weekend!

PXL_20230410_174115343.jpg
PXL_20230410_170227978.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom