Color keyed grill and headlight doors for 1st gen 4runner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Im going to need to replace my grill and headlight doors on that 4runner I just bought. I don't like chrome so is black the only other option? I wouldn't mind painting the grill and doors to match the truck eventually, I have a paint scheme in mind.

Yes. Chrome or black or paint it yourself.

I like black:
Front View - 9-07.jpg

I think there was a grey grill option maybe... I could be thinking of something else though... Maybe 2nd Gen 4Runners....

Not in 84, 85 or 86. Maybe between 87 and 89 but I don't think so.

I figured black and chrome were my options. Didn't know about gray. For the record I like black too.

I had an 87 4Runner years ago that had a grey grille/bezel. I guess its possible that it wasn't original.

Im going to need to replace my grill and headlight doors on that 4runner I just bought. I don't like chrome so is black the only other option? I wouldn't mind painting the grill and doors to match the truck eventually, I have a paint scheme in mind.

What ARB is that???? Toyota turn signals or Arb?

Ok.. Highjack over.

What ARB is that???? Toyota turn signals or Arb?

Ok.. Highjack over.

Are you asking me? It's an ARB winch bumper for an 84/85 4Runner. Not sure what truck years it fits. I'm pretty sure you reuse your original turn signals in the ARB bumper but it's been a while since I installed it.

It could have been a truck only option 84-88... "No grey grills for the super classy 4Runner!" Etc...

idk, my 88 4runner has a grey bezel. and im pretty sure its original. now, im not the original owner but i know the truck has never been wrecked and everything else on the truck was original. except for a couple of dents, aftermarket wheels, and radio it is all original from toyota.
it was pretty much babied its whole life, so my guess is its original.

Are you asking me? It's an ARB winch bumper for an 84/85 4Runner. Not sure what truck years it fits. I'm pretty sure you reuse your original turn signals in the ARB bumper but it's been a while since I installed it.

You get new turn signals. Just went and looked at mine.:)

this is the way mine came painted from the factory ( silver -black when i bought it in 1985........
and someone gave the push bar and i put it on there 10 years ago.......
here is a pic of it.........enjoying some "red gawja clay yesterday":eek::eek:

IMG_0961.jpg

Last edited:
Toy I can't resist, was it a DLX or SR5?

Sorry dude. It's all in good fun.

My 1985 DLX has a black grill and gray/silver headlight doors.

I was just funnin ya. My dads 85 4runnwr was a DLX that had some upgrades. Came with cloth seats instead of vinyl. The grill was black and to me that is the best look. Black on tan with some unique decal stripping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom