*********Club SHAMONwich June 20th-22th************* (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sounds good Marshall! I'm cranking TRYING to get things squared away so I can have my motor back in so I can measure for a cut and turn to do the cut and turn so I can rebuild my axle at the Club HAMOM. Man, that is alot of work to do but we be making progress!

I'm all up for rebuilding a 3spd t-case but your on your own when it comes to that tranny. I will promise you this though. I'll drink beer the whole time your trying to figure out what your doing.

I'm in and can provide hands and help as directed. Axles on my truck are looking fine, would still like to see/help with the axle rebuild and locker install. I would also like some more experienced eyes looking over the truck and putting together a "to-do" list for the Cruiser.

I'll "probably" just come up for the all-day Saturday. Might squeeze in Friday afternoon and sleep over. Need to negotiate with the boss.

Did th eRIchmond Gear thing work out?

Hoping to have the 80 here by then and bring it up for part of Sat.

That's sounds like a good idea Gehn. I've got an extra rear diff skid from a group buy I participated in on the blue forum along with a few other stock parts, long since removed from my FJC.

I may be solo on this trip. Kitty's got something else going on that weekend.

Looks liek the 80 wont be here in time. I hope to make it, but who knows. Will see what I can work out.

Crash Pad

I'm still planning to be there. But will need a crash pad, is there a motel close that will have cruiser pick up service? :grinpimp: Hopefully it won't be hot enough for paper to self ignite.

I'll talk with ALan and see what's in the area.

Closest I can think of is
Hampton Inn Travelers Rest

593 Roe Center Court
Travelers Rest, SC 29690
(864) 834-5550
Hamptoninn.com

Could be doable since Steve lives close by. Only about 20 min from Alans house.

Also another place the oposite way that might be fun.

Laurel Mountain Inn

2 reviews - Write a review

129 Hiawatha Trl
Pickens, SC 29671

(864) 878-8500‎
laurelmountaininn.com

If Steve cannot I'd be more than happy to shuttle people back and forth.

I'm planning on camping the whole weekend at Alans he has lot's of room. I've also arranged for a port-a-jon to be there.

Alans house sit's up at the foot of Ceasars Head. So the weather shouldn't be really hot and the night very cool.

We will have the club canopy there also.

Getting excited about this event. Should be a lot of fun.

Last edited:
There is a Hampton Inn in TR and also a mom and pop place. I will be around that weekend and attending some of the 'festivities' but I won't be able to be there the whole time and I'm not sure exactly when I will be there...have to check with the :princess:. If I'm around I don't mind giving people a ride. TR is about 20 minutes to Alan's...a pretty nice drive too.

Talked with Richmond Gear today. They are not able to get someone to the event to show us the propper way of setting of a 3rd. But they had the next best thing which is an instructional video on how to do it. They are sending me one and I'll plan on having something there to watch it with at the event. If someone has a projector let me know. That would be a lot better.

I do hope to work something out in the future with having somone show us the propper method. The person I spoke with said this kind of event was perfect for them. Timing was just bad.

As far as the event schedule.

I'd like to start with the axle rebuild class Friday night possibly Sat morning.

Plan on feeding yourself Friday night.
Sat morning I'd like to go to Aunt Sues for breakfast. Welcome to Aunt Sue’s!

Then we will continue the axle rebuild class and then hit Table Rock Lodge for some good lunch.

Then back to working on the vehicles and then finish up grilling out at Alans place Sat night.

I'll do a transfer case rebuild class sometime on Sat. I have a split case as well as a one piece we can work on.

Sunday morning we can work on getting everything back together and finishing up any jobs that need help.

I'm still looking to put the transfer case - transmission seal in. Is there going to be a way to get the units out, or am I looking at pulling just the tcase out?

I'll be up either Friday PM or Sat AM and leaving Sunday AM. Since Cat's not coming, we won't have the GW to weld on. Also we've got other issues which would make driving her truck that far problematic (Tranny/TC).

I will be there to watch and learn and offer my tools/labor to whatever project needs extra hands.

I am coming Friday night and staying for most of the day on Saturday. Like I mentioned above, I would like to work on replacing the Tcase/Transmission seal, but not sure if that'd be possible. Also, would like to get some experienced eyes on my Cruiser to help identify the stumbling around 2000 rpms. Want to at least watch the axle rebuild for future reference.

I'll drink just about anything :beer: is preferred :grinpimp:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom