Builds "Chunk+12ht" version 2.0 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I lean towards white with striping.

I truly believe the 7.3L on the Ford superduty is as close to TEq as it comes. It is why I got one. Dream motor.

I lean towards white with striping.

I truly believe the 7.3L on the Ford superduty is as close to TEq as it comes. It is why I got one. Dream motor.
That 7.3 runs like a watch. One of the greatest diesels ever produced.

I like both color schemes, it would be tough to go wrong with either choice.

If you like the 7.3 you'll love that 12HT! Especially at the fuel pump. I'm just sayin'............. :steer:

I like both color schemes, it would be tough to go wrong with either choice.

If you like the 7.3 you'll love that 12HT! Especially at the fuel pump. I'm just sayin'............. :steer:
I think the 12ht will beat up on the 7.3 for mileage. Looking forward to it!

Also a huge thanks to @Trapper50cal for the Washburn guitar included with Chunk. Been sitting here playing it for a while and while I am not so great of a player, the guitar is sweet.
20181005_222137.jpg

Well, I finally got a little real progress tonight . I had a pretty solid list of things to get through and then I would let myself enjoy a little Chunk tear down time.

Burned a bunch of brush.

Moved 5 yards of asphalt millings and prepped for new asphalt in the park area.

Threw a frisbee to Buddy.

Got the pontoon and swim raft out of the lake and put away.

Shot bows with my daughter.

Caught up on a couple of shows my son and I have been watching.

Threw a frisbee to Buddy.

Blew leaves.

Some other stuff (including.... throwing a frisbee to Buddy)

THEN.....

I started to remove the interior but kind of went after all trim on the drivers side, inside and out. Headliner, windows, seats, lights, gaskets, latches.

Felt good to finally get it moving!

20181014_201552.jpg
20181014_194607.jpg
20181014_215227.jpg

Some of the door panels have warping issues from getting wet but I think I will try to get them wet and press them flat again. We'll see how that goes
20181014_175100.jpg

Looking good. Full day! Yikes!!! Makes me look like a slacker. :eek:

Looking good. Full day! Yikes!!! Makes me look like a slacker. :eek:
It was a big day but is was a perfect sunny fall day and I REALLY wanted to work on Chunk so it went pretty smooth.

Want to work on it tonight but have Parent/teacher conferences and surprised my wife with Elton John tickets in Grand Rapids tonight. Heard a song on the radio at lunch and they were talking about how this is the last tour ever and it tipped me over. Gonna cost about 2 KM3's for tickets (plus stupid mega expensive processing fees) but my wife deserves it. She never complains about my crazy Cruiser addiction.

Want to work on it tonight but have Parent/teacher conferences and surprised my wife with Elton John tickets in Grand Rapids tonight. Heard a song on the radio at lunch and they were talking about how this is the last tour ever and it tipped me over. Gonna cost about 2 KM3's for tickets (plus stupid mega expensive processing fees) but my wife deserves it. She never complains about my crazy Cruiser addiction.

I’m jealous. Should be a great concert!

Had a chance to see Tom Petty a couple of years ago and passed. Mistake. Bob Seger is coming up. Just sayin.

Petty was a great show, was lucky enough to see be at his final show at the Bowl the week before he passed.
That's cool. That you saw the last show, that is.

I was at my laser cutters shop today doing work on the fj40 and fj55 roof rack designs and noticed some sweet marine storage hatch doors he makes out of aluminum. I grabbed a door (without frame) and it may just be perfect for the tailgate. I'll have to score a complete unit then run a double door setup. I am almost certain they will be going on Chunk. Beyond that, maybe a Bowfin Cruisers product? We'll see.
20181018_164230.jpg

More progress tonight. Finally got a couple of hours.
I pretty much wrecked the stainless lock strip on the drivers rear window taking it out which sucks cause I like it. If I can save it my parts 60 has a good window/strip. On the passenger side, I left the strip in and got the window out using a ton of small picks and screwdrivers. I peeled the rubber back with my fingers and pushed on the glass with my shoulder to get it to bugde a little. Then I just rolled the weatherstrip back an shoved the screwdrivers in. Pretty soon the top broke free and I just kept gaining. One the top moved out a bit I moved the screwdrivers to the sides and popped out the glass. Pretty easy and the lock strip is perfect.
20181018_195541.jpg
20181018_195838.jpg

Next up, the headliner. With my heat gun and a 90° pick I could work the edge free pretty quickly. I just set the gun a little low so I didn't burn the crap out of my fingers and zipped along.
20181018_200656.jpg
20181018_200709.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom