Choke cable variations (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

- Formally 1979 FJ55 Crusty coil spring Liner

- Sold Core Spring'd_Steel cable itself

- FJ55 was upgraded With A City-Racer a 12 / 16 pro date AISIN 2F Carb Requires Barrel-Stop Butterfly Choke ...
or
TEQ Factory Focus Point Mod's To Shop Manual Spec's......:poof:

DSCN3023.jpg
DSCN3021.JPG
DSCN3022.JPG
DSCN3019.JPG
DSCN3018.JPG

Last edited:
Nice work Matt. I am more than ready to get my repaired cable back from you.

Hey Mark ,

Here are Your Finished Cables Per Your Spec. Details we discussed , I Dropped off to post office in person , this usually saves a day off Priority mail time ........

I also enclosed / Was able to fit in Flat Rate box All the Various Samples U requested For Your Shop Including The early Style TOP Terminals

mount Connector 1968 - 12/73 New Rheostat Dimmer Equipped Head Light Switch ...........

DSCN3729.JPG
DSCN3733.JPG
DSCN3734.JPG
DSCN3736.JPG
DSCN3745.JPG

Looking forward to this. Will call you once I've had time to review them all.

@RAGINGMATT , you might want to run a tracer on that package. Not here, and priority generally only takes two days cross country.

Edit: got the package. Will call you in a day or two. Summertime (heat)shipping softened the finish on the knob.

Last edited:
Thanks. Didn't know the hand throttle cable is so long. The later cable is significantly shorter.

The length of this iteration varied. In 67 and 68 it was attached to the D40 1bbl. 3/69-9/69 was attached to the early 2bbl. Starting 10/69 it would have been attached to the accelerator pedal.

The knobs were the same tho.

My 4/73 FJ-40 has the choke knob that matches your 9/73-up picture. Makes me think the changeover was sooner. Original knob to my truck, also has multiple ratcheting positions.

My 9/83 FJ-60 has the warning light switch on it.

Last edited:
Nice merchandising, RM, also :D

Hey Mark ,

Here are Your Finished Cables Per Your Spec. Details we discussed , I Dropped off to post office in person , this usually saves a day off Priority mail time ........

I also enclosed / Was able to fit in Flat Rate box All the Various Samples U requested For Your Shop Including The early Style TOP Terminals

mount Connector 1968 - 12/73 New Rheostat Dimmer Equipped Head Light Switch ...........

View attachment 1492717 View attachment 1492718 View attachment 1492719 View attachment 1492720 View attachment 1492721
Sorry if it's a dumb question: Is there a model year difference between these two choke cables? I see that one has a cable stop and the other doesn't.

Sorry if it's a dumb question: Is there a model year difference between these two choke cables? I see that one has a cable stop and the other doesn't.

See post #7.;)

FWIW a relatives 81 60 has the multi position choke with out light.

- 1982 FJ40 USA Spec. LHD.

- Note Worthy : Late model 82 choke cable Steel guide Tube had a Copper Compression Sleeve / reducer on end to capture Black Cable Liner

- A Most-Excellent Heavy Duty Design Feature Upgrade !

- This also made the steel guide tube itself 13mm longer overall the earlier 2F one's without the Copper compression sleeve .....

InkedDSCN4280_LI.jpg
DSCN4235.JPG
DSCN4238.JPG
DSCN4286.JPG
DSCN4291.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    Top Bottom