Charlottesville, Va Roll Call? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Igotmeared 74 FJ40 last year and am in Cville. I don't get to spend nearly as much time as I would like on it, but maybe someday I can turn it into a daily driver. I've already done a few small upgrades/repairs and have a lot of projects on my mind - I want to figure out as much as I can myself and I knew absolutely nothing about cars/trucks going into this so it's gonna be a blast.

Virginia Beach area I have lots of 60 parts. Will be posting soon.

64EC7686-2653-4177-8C46-3929C965C478.jpeg

58A38D5E-46F0-46FC-81C8-EC3599B77B5A.jpeg

1793AA9A-4F09-4E37-97E0-8F46BE2E1B15.jpeg

444547B4-2A50-46D2-9898-824C73977ADC.jpeg

Going to be doing a big radiator, timing belt, water pump, and drive/serp belt install this Saturday (in Waynesboro) if anyone's interested in lending a hand, can pay in beer. Major plus if you done a timing belt job before...

Never done a 100 before but I've done timing belts in a Subaru and a highlander before. Does that count?

Oh forgot about the 3vz

Last edited:
Never done a 100 before but I've done timing belts in a Subaru and a highlander before. Does that count?
I'm sure its similar enough. I'll bet its a lot easier to get to everything in 100 with the radiator out than a Subaru or a highlander.

The Subaru was surprisingly not too bad. Ej251 is a fun engine to work on.

Highlander engine is wedged in there and a much bigger pita, it wasn't even my car.

damn, of course the one part I didnt buy is the part I break and leaves a piece in it. Anyone have any ideas how I can get this out? That gasket is strong as hell.
IMG-4068.jpg
IMG-4069.jpg

Bummer . Hit the gasket with some heat maybe?

Sorry to hear.
Yeah thats what I did and just got it out, maybe doing that before would have saved it, but looks like no one around here has it anyways so I'll have to rent a car and wait for McGeorge to ship it....hopefully its the right part number.

That sucks. Sorry. Hope you get it back together soon.
I wanted to help you but I forgot about my sons birthday party. Luckily before I told my wife I was going to work on land cruisers ;)

Not sure why there are all the duplicate pictures, trying to do this from my phone is a pain.

anyone know if any trails are open in the area?

would love to go drive up somewhere and camp for a few days just to get out of the house! I know some of the parks have been closed off

anyone know if any trails are open in the area?

would love to go drive up somewhere and camp for a few days just to get out of the house! I know some of the parks have been closed off
The highland wildlife management area has most of their gates open for turkey season, normally camping is totally cool if you have a permit. Not sure about the situation now. The info should be on the vdgif.virginia.gov website.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom