Charlottesville, Va Roll Call? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I lived in Waynesboro during elementary school. Lived in Fluvanna through the end of high school. I still come up that way to visit family and play in Shenandoah national park. I am pretty sure I met @ShenValley100LC on Big Levels when I was wheeling my Dakota up there this summer.

Finally painted and installed my Trail Gear bumper and aux fog lights!
IMG_20191227_184737_620.jpg
IMG_20191227_184737_625.jpg

I live right by downtown Cville, new 60 owner trying to get everything sorted out - it’s a mess. If you see me puttering around town feel free to wave me down and chat! Also looking for more cruiser-experienced friends to come share a beer and get some work done. :cheers:
Kellan
1985 FJ60 “Grandpa”

4F7D649B-FB24-44AB-B4FF-B7DAA6B54C6D.jpeg

I live right by downtown Cville, new 60 owner trying to get everything sorted out - it’s a mess. If you see me puttering around town feel free to wave me down and chat! Also looking for more cruiser-experienced friends to come share a beer and get some work done. :cheers:
Kellan
1985 FJ60 “Grandpa”

View attachment 2169680
Hell yeah! If you hear my around town, it's because my exhaust popped out of the clamp, so it's basically straight piped right behind the cat😅

Reactions: MDK
Hell yeah! If you hear my around town, it's because my exhaust popped out of the clamp, so it's basically straight piped right behind the cat😅

Will definitely try to wave you down if I hear/see you around town. I’m glad this thread exists! Always hoping to meet some new friends :beer:

Kellan
1985 FJ60 “Grandpa”

View attachment 2169680
How many miles does Grandpa have on em?
Will definitely try to wave you down if I hear/see you around town. I’m glad this thread exists! Always hoping to meet some new friends :beer:
Yeah tis nice havin a fellow "youngin" in the area who loves cruisers. I know a dude, bout 2 years younger than me. Who drives an 80 series in green bedliner

How many miles does Grandpa have on em?

Yeah tis nice havin a fellow "youngin" in the area who loves cruisers. I know a dude, bout 2 years younger than me. Who drives an 80 series in green bedliner

Just about 240k. Still hangin in there.

This is me! Orange stripes :hillbilly:

Nice!! I slow down everytime I pass that beauty. I'd be happy to have a beer with you guys sometime soon and talk cruiser stuff.

Or better yet, go for a trail ride. I wouldn't blame you at all for trying to baby that 60 though.

I lived in Waynesboro during elementary school. Lived in Fluvanna through the end of high school. I still come up that way to visit family and play in Shenandoah national park. I am pretty sure I met @ShenValley100LC on Big Levels when I was wheeling my Dakota up there this summer.
Ah yes that was me! I remember that!

Idk if y'all have experienced this or not, but city mileage and highway mileage has a Huge difference. Ive currently been getting around 8.5mpg around Charlottesville, and I got 13MPG on my ride to and from Richmond. I know you're supposed to get better mpg on the highway, but I didn't think the difference would be this huge on my 97

Idk if y'all have experienced this or not, but city mileage and highway mileage has a Huge difference. Ive currently been getting around 8.5mpg around Charlottesville, and I got 13MPG on my ride to and from Richmond. I know you're supposed to get better mpg on the highway, but I didn't think the difference would be this huge on my 97
Your highway is pretty par for the course but 8.5mpg around town is way low, if you are calculating that correctly could be a million things - cats, 02 sensors, etc.

Your highway is pretty par for the course but 8.5mpg around town is way low, if you are calculating that correctly could be a million things - cats, 02 sensors, etc.
I typically get worse mileage in the colder months. During spring and summer i typically got between 10-11.5mpg. Up until December, my lowest mpg was like 9mpg, the lowest I've had ever was a few weeks ago which was round 7mpg

I typically get worse mileage in the colder months. During spring and summer i typically got between 10-11.5mpg. Up until December, my lowest mpg was like 9mpg, the lowest I've had ever was a few weeks ago which was round 7mpg

unless you drive like Dale Earnhardt you could benefit from a tune-up or some maintenance. My 80 on 37s gets averages 14-15mpg with mostly city. I’ve gotten up to 17 mpg on non-ethanol headed to Rausch Creek. But I do drive very conservatively on-road.

unless you drive like Dale Earnhardt you could benefit from a tune-up or some maintenance. My 80 on 37s gets averages 14-15mpg with mostly city. I’ve gotten up to 17 mpg on non-ethanol headed to Rausch Creek. But I do drive very conservatively on-road.
Well I replaced spark plugs and wires in December 2018. Could need a new distributor cap and rotor. Probably need to replace the fuel filter as well. Besides the P0402 code, burning a quart every 500 or so miles, and a leaky O2 sensor bung, it shouldn't be burning this much fuel

Last edited:
Well I replaced spark plugs and wires in December 2018. Could need a new distributor cap and rotor. Probably need to replace the fuel filter as well. Besides the P0402 code, burning a quart every 500 or so miles, and a leaky O2 sensor bung, it shouldn't be burning this much fuel

do you have taller than stock sized tires? If so, are you correcting for that when you check your mpg? Or are you going off a scanguage?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom