Builds chap79's Build Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice benchmade!

:cheers:
@Cruiser Bauers I might be out that way here soon for work for a couple of days. I’ll let you know.

Come on by… Need a place to put your head, we have a room.

Exactly what I wanted. Thank you....

Not a lot happening to the truck since we relocated to the Kansas City area from Valley Center, CA. It’s been in the low 30’s and the garage isn’t heated. We got a little warmer weather today, said 39 here at the house and the sun was out this afternoon so I installed my new 150 amp Sequoia alternator. I used @Photoman ’s bracket and pigtail which made the install pretty easy. I ran a new 4awg from the alternator to the battery through a 200 amp ANL fuse.

Didn’t take any pictures of the install as it was straightforward and has been well documented here.

Not a lot happening to the truck since we relocated to the Kansas City area from Valley Center, CA. It’s been in the low 30’s and the garage isn’t heated. We got a little warmer weather today, said 39 here at the house and the sun was out this afternoon so I installed my new 150 amp Sequoia alternator. I used @Photoman ’s bracket and pigtail which made the install pretty easy. I ran a new 4awg from the alternator to the battery through a 200 amp ANL fuse.

Didn’t take any pictures of the install as it was straightforward and has been well documented here.
Shorts and flip flops over here today. Think I got a bit of sunburn out selling Girl Scout cookies with my daughter...just sayin :p

Pulling the rear driveshaft again. The slip yoke is getting a little sloppy at 275k. It’s still a little cold to be outside under the truck.

That looks way colder than I want to deal with!!! The cognac...I'm in!

Received my power steering reservoir lines from @NLXTACY today.

Still waiting on my high pressure line to arrive from RockAuto.

Got the rear driveshaft back from the shop with the new slip joint welded in and rebalanced. Quick test drive yielded no vibrations 👏

Installed some LED headlights from superbrightleds.com. Lights are putting out 5000lms for the pair. Pics are of just the low beams on. Cut off is still at the same at the old halogens and I haven’t been flashed yet.
8EA9471C-5A97-4E9F-863A-665E9C545A45.jpeg
A488B9AC-6A91-4AD3-AB5D-FBD9F9334C33.jpeg

How are those ST Maxx tires doing in the icy conditions at approx. 25% tread life left.
How many mile you have on them?
I have the same tires with approx 18K @ 50% tread.

Which bulbs did you have prior? I'm always looking for a bit more brightness... I am running the 9011 HIR's and they are pretty good in general but have been interested in LED as well.

How are those ST Maxx tires doing in the icy conditions at approx. 25% tread life left.
How many mile you have on them?
I have the same tires with approx 18K @ 50% tread.
Tires were great in the ice and snow. No issues at all. I had 70k on them from doing 5 tire rotations and actually just got a new set of them. Nothing bad to say about them at all.

Which bulbs did you have prior? I'm always looking for a bit more brightness... I am running the 9011 HIR's and they are pretty good in general but have been interested in LED as well.
I had HIRs in previously, these are much brighter.

You simply installed LED bulbs in the stock head light housings?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom