Catalytic Converter Theft (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Has anyone here deleted the cats altogether on their '94 (OBD1?)? Nebraska doesn't have emissions testing, so that shouldn't be an issue. But if it'll always throw a code, that will be a problem.

I also do a lot of driving through tall brush and grasslands. Does not having cats considerably cut down on the heat being put out underneath?

Has anyone here deleted the cats altogether on their '94 (OBD1?)? Nebraska doesn't have emissions testing, so that shouldn't be an issue. But if it'll always throw a code, that will be a problem.

I also do a lot of driving through tall brush and grasslands. Does not having cats considerably cut down on the heat being put out underneath?
I second this question

Cats operate at 1200+ freedom units. Removing them does cut down on heat. On the 3fe 80s, they put the cats under the driver floorboard. My feet are baked during the summer months.

I'm actually surprised mine haven't been stolen yet lol
Maybe the sliders with cat protection are a deterrent.

Same with my 4runner it's basically just out in the open under the vehicle

You ever hear of the 3 S's?

Shoot, shovel and Shut Up.

No legal fees. No more filthy sub-human thief.
In my neck of the woods the rule of 3 S's applies to wolves 😆.

I ran my 94 1fz with no cats for a very long time. Move the o2s to the pair ports while your at it.

Speaking of..

0CFF90AC-ECE2-4726-836B-CFC73B0D9CE1.jpeg
C5C688E8-270A-43E1-8522-8F548C07CABF.jpeg

In my neck of the woods the rule of 3 S's applies to wolves 😆.
I remember when they did some kind of dredging operation years back in a lime pit near where I grew up and they found some cars with bodies in them with Chicago plates from the 50s or 60s. Evidently some heavy hitters tried to move in on the local mining town and the locals took care of the issue.

Removed my many years ago. Just put a couple of resonators in its place

A friend of mine had a little cabin in the mountains that is his home when he’s not teaching abroad broken into. The thieves made a mess, and stole his shotgun. He called the local sheriff, who came out to have a look. My friend was dismayed that that there was basically no hope of recovering his property, asserted to the Sheriff that he was inclined to wait with his other shotgun and wait for the thieves to return and take care of it himself.

The Sherrif quietly nodded and said “just bury them real deep”. 😵‍💫

Yes and the PHH in one fell swoop, did a Cummins swap :rofl:

Find vehicle security threads here:

Last edited:
Some good news today:

Some good news today:

I wonder why they couldn’t put VIN numbers on the cats to prevent this on the first place.. that is welcome news though.

from the press release
"In addition to the indictments, over 32 search warrants were executed, and law enforcement seized millions of dollars in assets, including homes, bank accounts, cash, and luxury vehicles."

All of those seized assets the public will never see other than watching their police buy more tanks, guns, and body cameras they can turn off. Zero funds will go back to those affected and some other crooked small business will take over in buying the stolen cats (maybe not such a massive operation). More news at 11.

from the press release
"In addition to the indictments, over 32 search warrants were executed, and law enforcement seized millions of dollars in assets, including homes, bank accounts, cash, and luxury vehicles."

All of those seized assets the public will never see other than watching their police buy more tanks, guns, and body cameras they can turn off. Zero funds will go back to those affected and some other crooked small business will take over in buying the stolen cats (maybe not such a massive operation). More news at 11.
And a certain percentage of those seizures will be from innocent people, who can spend 20 years trying to get their stuff back at great expense or just give up and let the criminal gangs in uniform win.

I used 2 universal CARB catalytic converters, and they don't work... fortunately you can still pass smog in California without the cat monitors ready. Big headache still...

Some good news today:

Thanks for posting. That was interesting reading.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom