Carolina Relic Run - April 15-17, 2016 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So i heard that maybe a 1990 70 series may meet the qualification? If so, this is over my birthday so will make it for sure
If I remember correctly, the build date cut-off of 1990 was set last year specifically to ensure you could join us. I look forward to celebrating your birthday with you.

Guess I'm going to have to get my 69 up on the trailer :)

This shouldn't need to be said, but the relics need to be running and driving :rolleyes:

Wow shocker huh, I hear that Amazon is running a sale on sarcasm detectors

Link or we won't believe it

:hillbilly:

Since my 80's build date is 09/90 is it eligible?

It's done by model year with an exception for J7x trucks (HZJ75s, etc.).

People with newer land cruisers can absolutely still come and wheel, just not on the official "Relic Run". The point of the event is to pay our respects to the trucks that made the Land Cruiser what it is today :)

Your 60 is eligible, so bring that!

It's done by model year with an exception for J7x trucks (HZJ75s, etc.).

People with newer land cruisers can absolutely still come and wheel, just not on the official "Relic Run". The point of the event is to pay our respects to the trucks that made the Land Cruiser what it is today :)

Your 60 is eligible, so bring that!

Got it was saying it more in jest if the 60 is done by then I will bring it.

@FJinTegaCay - any chance you could update the title with new date - to help avert confusion.

Sit tight. A new thread is forthcoming but 5 months in advance might be considered too early. The ONSC 2017 calendar has been updated and in the meantime I wanted to update this thread from last year.

FYI - I recently learned that the article (and photos) on last year's event has been delayed and will likely not appear until the March/April edition of TT. Thank you all for your continued patience.

Now the date change makes more sense. With that article potentially increasing the attendance - what's the plan? Limiting attendance? New location? Expand to other campsites? If it's limiting attendance I'd like to get on the list prior to the article if at all possible.

That said, thanks for putting this together!

Pretty sure we'll be there - just need work and other things to cooperate. Dozer would love to be around some other old gals that moan and groan at ever twist and turn :)

@mtweller I have fond memories of Dozer just walking up through the lower rock garden at Harlan. You yelling at the drunk rednecks to get out of your line (standing there trying to spot you) and driving right by all of them and out the top. Like a walk in the park :)

Now the date change makes more sense. With that article potentially increasing the attendance - what's the plan? Limiting attendance? New location? Expand to other campsites? If it's limiting attendance I'd like to get on the list prior to the article if at all possible.

We've reserved all of Badin Lake Group Camp as we are hoping to build off of last year's event. The focus will continue to be on earlier LCs but all are welcome. In addition to the Toyota Trail's article, plans include using social media to spread the word to a bigger audience than just UC and ONSC members that frequent MUD. Members of the club's board have been helpful with laying the groundwork for this year's event and some think this event could eventually grow to match Logan's Run.

I hope that those that attended last year will PM me with constructive criticism of the event and provide suggestions as to what you'd like to see repeated or added.

I've had a lot of offers of assistance and will be reaching out to folks in the weeks ahead with specific requests.

Thanks for that I can offer general help but no specific area of expertise. I did man one of the grills last year so im happy to help with slinging meat again if needed. As far as constructive feedback I would say that offering a 'pavement queen' option with a road cruise planned out for those folks, that would be helpful. Perhaps a road rally or something similar. Although that's a $hipload of work...

I wouldn't worry too much about the article affecting attendance.:lol: I'd wager the article (if there even is one) won't go to press in time anyway. Given the TT track record it could be April of 2018 before we actually see any article...or the official 2016 event pics for that matter.:rolleyes:

I vote to exclude TT submissions for the 2017 Relic Run event. We can keep it our little secret. Let the event grow at its own pace on MUD and by word of mouth. We don't need TT to have fun.:meh:

Lately it seems that TT has been more interested in becoming a Toyota version of Autoweek and is losing its focus on the 'Cruiser community that supports it. ONSC has been the sole Chapter Reports contributor in most of the TT issues this year. We've suffered through page after page of TT reviews of brand spanking new non-Land Cruiser Toyota vehicles (4Runner and Tacoma come to mind) but no Relic Run article? Seriously? Before you know it we'll be getting the exclusive TT inside scoop and spy photos of the new Prius models. Oooooh! I can hardly wait!

Yeah. I'm bitter.

Last edited:
IMG_3949.JPG
UPDATE: For various reasons, the dates for the 2017 Carolina Relic Run have been revised to June 9-11. Please update your calendars and make plans to attend.

Calendar Updated. Plenty of time for Arthur and I to find '74 relics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom