Canvas Strap For '75 40 Tool Bag (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm looking for something to replace the original tool bag straps under the drivers seat. It is about 1-inch wide, and is a greenish half-century look. I don't know if it was the same as what was used on the jump seats? Thanks in advance.

I'm missing the hooks on the floor so I use a bungie cord to attach my tool bag under the frame of the seat

No hooks.

1595448819829.jpeg

looks like the 75 model year was last year for the straps, with the rubber bands showing up for the 76 model year.
great, now there is some other hard to find items, that i just found out about and now cant live without...

Only one I have left. The tip is sewn to a point.
816E8E25-61C0-46EE-886B-9EE90B73A51D.jpeg
915B9CD5-EEE8-4EE2-991A-81B4B2E4030C.jpeg
C42A11B7-FA0B-4560-AED5-F9B9B58E7C03.jpeg

That makes sense, my ‘3/76 rig has the rubber band with hook.

I wonder if this strap and D rings are akin to the straps on a FST. I wonder if someone is already tooled up to manufacture some of this? I'm thinking Julie via Trollhole, but I don't know. There are a bunch of '73 to '75 40s that probably can fit a tool bag there.

@hobbes @Dizzy,

What is the length of the webbing from end to end, as shown? Don't include the wrap around the D rings or rectangular ring.

Also, the width and thickness.

Thanks.

Also, marine canvas, sail loft, upholstery or awning shops.

@hobbes @Dizzy

My :princess: came through with some "prototype" sewing:

Cotton duck webbing (OEM style) stainless clamps and rings, heavy duty braided polyester thread:
straps 4.jpg

We made the "threading" strap 2 inches longer, since I have a repro "old style" tool roll:
straps 1.jpg

straps 2.jpg

And easily handles the later version:

straps 3.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom