CampTeq 80 Series popup camper (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So now your " closing up camp" has gone from 1:30 minutes to 1:05. The fastest and most efficient camp set up Ive had the pleasure to witness. Gotta wake up early just to get a jump on breaking camp :hillbilly: with LCP​

Just take away his ladder when he goes to bed and you can sleep in a little.:idea:

Built in protection = Rear ladder cannot be remove without access to the inside of the 80

Damnit, I forgot about your added insurance. Sunrise race is back on...

He also has the motion detector light that will come on when you try to take the ladder away

He also has the motion detector light that will come on when you try to take the ladder away

Yeah and he sleeps with a pistol, so invade his camp at your own risk.

I have been testing an addition to my lean and mean CampTeq travel set up. Some of the requirement were it needed to be light, easy access, fit inside, and still have room for dog and my bike. At 16lbs the additional comfort will be worth it. Nothing better than a nice comfortable nap on the trail.

s-l500.jpg

I have been testing an addition to my lean and mean CampTeq travel set up. Some of the requirement were it needed to be light, easy access, fit inside, and still have room for dog and my bike. At 16lbs the additional comfort will be worth it. Nothing better than a nice comfortable nap on the trail.

View attachment 1242019

Looks comfy, but is 16lbs correct? Seems heavier than I would expect. Must be pretty durable?

There are many sleeping quarter variations out there that work for individual needs.

• The Camp Teq is permanent, out of the way, super easy to use, and seems to have an expedition-cool factor.
  • My tent Cot works well for me and is convenient ,quick, and easily moves between vehicles. I also like that if it is windy, I can set it up on the leeward side of the cruiser.

BUT: I'm not sure of the allure of a Tent Cot on top of a rig?

IMG_5329.jpg

Seems like a huge hassle and bathroom restrictive :eek:. Is it the "want to be a roof top tent" thing or a "I am afraid of the wildlife/bugs/boogeyman/zombies" ?

...Although I probably look like a big spinach wrap /burrito to a bear but what the hey?! Lol

Last edited:
There are many sleeping quarter variations out there that work for individual needs.

• The Camp Teq is permanent, out of the way, super easy to use, and seems to have an expedition-cool factor.
  • My tent Cot works well for me and is convenient ,quick, and easily moves between vehicles. I also like that if it is windy, I can set it up on the leeward side of the cruiser.

BUT: I'm not sure of the allure of a Tent Cot on top of a rig?

View attachment 1242316

Seems like a huge hassle and bathroom restrictive :eek:. Is it the "want to be a roof top tent" thing or a "I am afraid of the wildlife/bugs/boogeyman/zombies" ?

...Although I probably look like a big spinach wrap /burrito to a bear but what the hey?! Lol

I think this:
"want to be a roof top tent"
it is after all a tentamabob on the roof.

PS.
I always feel safe when I am camped next to you knowing there is a prepackaged meal ready to go so I wont be bothered:zilla:

Murf, is that the deluxe double wide model?

Double wide. <snicker>

The one on the Jeep is. Mine is the single XL Tentamabob version. The standard single size is just too confining

What's the story? Are these still available?

Site is under construction but I see Maltec certainly builds some well thought out campers and conversions.

HOME

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom