CampTeq 80 Series popup camper (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What is hanging off of the right side of the bumper?

That's what you see looking at that picture? The thing hanging off the bumper?:slap::hillbilly:

What is hanging off of the right side of the bumper?

Clearly like the chariot in Ben Hur.

IMG_6979.JPG

nyuk nyuk :hillbilly:

I looks like the rear bumper swing out got loose and swung out? that bumper has seen better days...

Oh, make no mistake there are options. I sent this to Phil a month or so ago bc we both have such an affinity for Land Cruiser poptops.

This is Uro Camper Oryx. 8k-ish. Just send your rig to Spain and you're good to go. Google it and check out the interior shots. Mind blowing.

IMG_6980.JPG

Saw this over in chat, mud slingers were making mention of This being a clone of the unobtanium Campteq
View attachment 1411277

Looks like a Tom's top available by Maltec and available in the US but not just the top the complete vehicle. Rumor is Alu-cab has some Troopy top on a boat heading this way. Below is a 5sp 1HDT diesel that was imported by Maltec USA that now has the original CampTeq prototype on it. It all available if you have the dollars.

IMG_3806.JPG

Looks like a Tom's top available by Maltec and available in the US but not just the top the complete vehicle. Rumor is Alu-cab has some Troopy top on a boat heading this way. Below is a 5sp 1HDT diesel that was imported by Maltec USA that now has the original CampTeq prototype on it. It all available if you have the dollars.

View attachment 1413530

It's all about the Benjamins.

No I had one of those prototype platforms, need to wait for the gen II Campteq to throw money at.

I'm gonna be so jealous when I read this and the sad thing is I won't be able to buy me one :cry::cry::cry:

I'm gonna be so jealous when I read this and the sad thing is I won't be able to buy me one :cry::cry::cry:

Word on the street is that we can live without one of our kidneys...high resale value. Just means we have to drink less. The Campteq shall be OURS!!!!!!

With all the love and potential market for a Campteq product, I am surprised none of the enterprising MUD vendors have brought something to market.

With all the love and potential market for a Campteq product, I am surprised none of the enterprising MUD vendors have brought something to market.

Over the years there has been lots of interest but when the cost the market becomes very small understandable when you consider the average cost and mileage of an 80 today.

I know this is a old thread. But whats the word? Did this option disapear?

I just saw an amazing troopie camper with a poptop. The had the roof cut out so with the pop topped up you could push the "roof/sleeping platform" up so that while sitting in the back you have a enough head room to stand. Makes it funtion like a real camper. I would hate to cut the roof out but i think that is the way to go.

I finally have gotten around to making a rain fly or at least a prototype for my rear window. The rear peeper window was a last minute request of mine. They cut it in and used velcro to close it. During the first rain in my CampTeq I found out velcro seal is not waterproof and in a good rain it drips where else but on my head. So after 4 years and a couple 100 nights I decided to address it. Installed a piece of aluminum sail track across the rear. I did purchased a color matched piece of Sunbrella for the rain fly but because the cost and my limited sewing skills I figured I would do a prototype first. I used a medium duty tarp and hemmed all four side and sewed it to a piece of sail strap. Once Im good with the design I plan to fine tune it giving me the option of using flat to the tent or using some RRT spring rods and use it as an awning to keep the moon light out during full moon night but still have the ventilation.

IMG_5899[2].JPG
IMG_5900[1].JPG
IMG_5895[1].JPG
IMG_5896[1].JPG

Awesome Phil. Your Campteq keeps getting better and better the more you use it.

LCP needs to buy the dang designs from Eric so you could make me one!!! Or sell me the designs so I could have someone in Fort Collins fab me up one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom