BucFL LC100 Build (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I finally got around to installing my springs. I didnt want to do it until i had the CV's greased and @pfran42 clamps which i highly recommend.

The job was easier than i expected. A :banana::banana: job for sure.

Safety... i highly recommend not doing this unless you have at least 6 ton jacks. Chalk the tires. Maybe wear glasses so dirt wont fall in your eyes. It made a world of difference using air tools. I highly recommend investing on some harber freight air tank and impact guns. I cant imagine turning those TB bolts with a wrench or breaker bar. It will take 10x longer.

Before i started i PB blasted all the nuts and bolts i thought i would need to remove the night before. Made life easier!

So i chalked the front tires and jacked up the rear. Remove one of the tires. Disconnect the diff breather and brake line from its bracket. Dont forget the sway bar and bottom shock screw. Let the axle hang and you should be able to pull the spring out. EASY! Put that sexy new spring in there. When unbolting the shock will extend, but the easiest way i found to put it back was to use the jack to lift the axle up to the spring and line up the bolt and screw it a few turns.

IMG_1239.JPG

IMG_1241.JPG

IMG_1243.JPG

Cranking the TB's took forever...3-4 hours.

I PB blasted the nuts the night before also. There are several threads that go into more detail around here, but this should be enough to get the job done. :)
The Road to a 100 and 2001 build thread

1. So jack up the front with wheels off the ground to relief tension on the bars. Unscrew the crank bolts [30mm] until there the key is completely loose. Leave the bolt flush with the top. You will pretty easily be able to move the key around.
IMG_1247.JPG

2. Mark the grooves and remove the nuts. Impact gun helps here. Use a pry bar to pull the bracket back over the bars. Reading thru the other threads i never saw mention of these notches. It was painted white on mine and none of the other spines fit it its place. So i put it back the way it fit originally. My index moved one notch on the passenger side but none on the driver side.

IMG_1250.JPG

IMG_1248.JPG

3. After doing both sides crank on the bolt until there is resistance on the bar while the tires are still off the ground. When you lower the truck it will most likely sag completely. Its okay, just lift it back up and keep cranking. Rinse and repeat until you get your desired height. I still need to make a height adjustment this weekend as well as taking it to get front alignment.
IMG_1252.JPG

4. The CV's look great and i feel i dont have an extreme angle on them. Ill keep an eye on them but i dont think this will be an issue.
IMG_1253.JPG

Replaced the Alt a few weeks ago and found a pulley that was completely gone. I have a leak from the PS cam seal which i thought was getting to the Alt but that was not the case. It just failed from age. I spent a week using a battery charger until i had time to replace it.

IMG_0062.JPG

IMG_0063.JPG

I truly have no complaints! I rotate them quarterly. And have been wearing perfectly. They are crazy good in any terrain I put them thru.

Mud, sand, water, wet inclines, perfect! I don't do rocks so can't comment.

I have a couple YouTube vids you can take a look if you search my mud name.

So, I also replaced the starter last year, but not able to update the thread. I had purchased a Denso, but my little helper dropped it and cracked the connector plug. I had already taken everything apart and had to settle with a NAPA reman. Its been fine so far.

I did not remove the all the parts in the FAQ just moved it to the side. Im not a big guy so this worked fine for me.

IMG_1007.JPG

IMG_1028.JPG

IMG_1029.JPG

IMG_1030.JPG

Rotated tires today.
Fixed sunroof. I cleaned the drains and lost the screws...luckily there is a screw warehouse i picked some up.

I have been running a Jensen HU and a sub/amp combo for a few years and I have not been able to get rid of bad engine whine and ground loop. I finally replaced the single channel amp with a 5 channel below.

Soundstream TN5.950D 950W 5-Channel Tarantula NANO Series Class AB/D Amplifier
Stinger SI4612 12-Foot 4000 Series Professional 6 Channel RCA Interconnects

It usually took a few days for the whine to manifest itself, so we will see if it comes back. But I can say I'm supper happy with the way it sounds. The low/high pass filter is great. I can listen to just the speakers without sub and they sound fantastic and clear at high volume. Thanks to the wife for the early present.

Next weekend ill be picking up the sliders. :bounce:

I went with OME 2856 1.5" Medium. This is a good height for me as i dont need to use a diff drop. The CV angle is not bad at all. Its also a DD so i needed some comfort. I have had the entire family with a few hundred pounds on top and it rode very nice with minimal sag in rear.

Got the sliders a week ago and have not had a chance to paint. I ordered some POR 15 semi gloss black and will paint them next weekend. I took a couple design ideas from other sliders and had a local cruiser friend fab them up for me. Not sure if can tell but they extend to the very edge of the wheel wells. I may paint over the POR with some bed liner rattle can . This was at my buddies shop...nice to have a lift in your garage.

IMG_0722.JPG

IMG_0724.JPG

IMG_0721.JPG

IMG_0720.JPG

IMG_0719.JPG

Last edited:
Finished painting the sliders today. Used a degreaser prior to painting with POR15 semi gloss. I bought a pint and have a little over a 1/4 left for touch up. Went thru two sponge brushes. Pretty happy how it turned out. Still drying in the pic but I like how the finish will turn out.

IMG_0739.JPG

Hey, those look pretty good! :grinpimp:

Did oil change today. M1 Extended Performance 15k mile 5-30 weight. Along with M102 filter. Nothing better than once a year oil changes.

While draining oil pan I look around to see if everything checks out. Noticed DS inner boot is tearing on the skinny side. I have the kit already from when the PS was done last year. Just waiting for it to happen now.

Got a lot of use out that 17 year old rubber boot...

Well its been awhile since i posted to this thread and finally got a little wheeling done. I had just come to see this Jeep get stuck so i stopped to help them out. They didn't have a strap or real recovery gear. He had to tie to his axle, but no harm and i pulled him out as slowly as i could.

I stuffed the tire pretty good. I have a set of air bags been meaning to install which i think may help. I have OME mediums 1.5" and dont think i need to go any higher.

Went to my buddies to level out the DS slider. Didn’t have time when I picked them up. Nice and even with PS now. Showing off his 60...

26E27398-6BA4-450A-867C-797F114703E4.jpeg

D7942688-C9B6-42E8-A70E-060667DE8EC3.jpeg

86CD2C41-A03F-4D5E-AFC1-017A9FBE29B7.jpeg

D57729FC-58DC-411C-BCB6-4EB12EF0F735.jpeg

I think I fond the source of my ‘oil leak’. Last night I used Gunk heavy duty engine cleaner and cleaned all surfaces with caked on oil/dirt.

I see the PS reservoir was below fluid levels, the hosss were all wet and I noticed a bolt on the pump falling off. I didn’t have time to adjust the bolt but will do so ASAP. I took pics and will add PS fluid and check this weekend to see what areas have oil.

5C13E9AF-4208-49FD-8E36-D3ADC2CDA890.jpeg

1F9F0101-B2A2-4CFF-97B0-B3DE9E952919.jpeg

5BE0AF79-5B1E-43CF-B795-00606E64A809.jpeg

41453E2C-983C-4F74-A9D6-D32E1B72000A.jpeg

B0C3D495-97F0-46CA-BC15-47D1CB7224DE.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom