BucFL LC100 Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@THeGeNTLeMaN lol

UPDATE:
So today i picked up my ride from the mechanics. I had the following work done:

AAE 3978N Rack and Pinion Complete Unit
BECK/ARNLEY 0361864 (036-1864) Valve Cover Gasket
BECK/ARNLEY 0361863 (036-1863) Valve Cover Gasket
BECK/ARNLEY 1014850 (101-4850) Tie Rod End
BECK/ARNLEY 1014851 (101-4851) Tie Rod End
VICTOR REINZ B31702 Oil Filter Adapter Gasket

It turns out i only needed one valve cover as the other was in great shape, the one i had replaced was barely wet anyway, but had it done anyway for peace of mind.

I will be doing the radiator this weekend to save some cash.
DENSO 2213152 (221-3152) Radiator

The new rack makes it feel like I just drive it off the lot. Steering is firm with ZERO vibration to the steering wheel and tracking dead center. The old TRE's were in terrible shape. I could move them around freely, now no way i can move them. No play what so ever and they are as beefy as the originals.

I must admit I dont know about the longevity of the AAE rack as i just had for a day. Time will tell and i will try to update this in a few months to a year.

I bought new bearings but did not have to replace which was great news. The tapered nut and washer were not installed properly on my previous packing so they had to redo it.

Im wanting to take a break from all this PM stuff so i can start my actual build thread... lol ... i do have the DS manifold to do next and i think that should be it. Im now in search of tires and its proving to be difficult. I want some MT's which i never had but they seem to be expensive and the thought of wearing them out is not appealing to me. Really torn on this decision... :meh: the search continues...

Try mastercraft courser tires. Decent reviews for mt

Hmmm...

Mastercraft Tires are manufactured by the parent company of Cooper Tires, the Cooper Tire & Rubber Company. They are the second largest tire manufacturer in the United States. Since 1909, Mastercraft Tires have been crafted for durability and design.

Amazon has them for $208. What a killer price! I think you found my tire brosef! All reviews so far have been really good. This looks to be a great in between an AT and a aggressive MT tire. They should be mounted up soon. Thanks man! :beer:

CooperMastercraft - Courser MXT

I get lucky every once in awhile. Glad to help.

Does look great for 285 size. Let me know your thoughts when they get mounted.

Last edited:
Im going to go for 285/75/16. Will probably paint the rims eventually. I have no lift but they will fit and fill the wheel well just fine. I will probably order them this week and get them installed next Thursday/Friday. Maybe take them out Saturday...hell ya! Cant wait!

Today i replaced the radiator. The old one sprung a leak when one of the heater T's blew. Thanks to the advice of this board for helping me locate the engine block drain screws. This is a :banana::banana: job. I wont go into how long it will take cuz it took me 4 hrs or more. But I went at a pretty leisure pace and took my time.

Cant seem to remove that last pic. Ill need to upgrade my account to post more pics. In all it took 3 1/4 gallons to replace the coolant. The reservoir was full but i noticed after going for a drive it went a an inch or so. It burpped itself fine i didnt have to do anything special like put it on an incline. I used Zerex Asian 50/50 formula specifically designed for our vehicles. It has a 150k mile life but ill swap it next timing belt.

This is what i did:
1.Tools; 10mm and 12mm sockets, 12" or longer extension or combination of extensions will work best.
2.Drain all coolant and remove hoses.
3.Remove reservoir tank. Its okay to leave the fan shroud in. To remove radiator just remove these 12mm screws. Dont worry about the hoses they wont be in the way. In another pic i show the battery removed.
IMG_0286 (Medium).JPG

4.I think this is the passenger side engine block drain. 10mm. I tried using a hose but its still a mess. Watch your eyes.
IMG_0288 (Medium).JPG

5. This is driver side plug. 10mm socket and not very tight, so dont over do it.
IMG_0289 (Medium).JPG

IMG_0289 (Medium).JPG

Last edited:
7.Radiator and battery removed. Angle it towards the battery and it will come out easily.
IMG_0279 (Medium).JPG

Here is the new Denso radiator from rockauto.
IMG_0282 (Medium).JPG

IMG_0283 (Medium).JPG

IMG_0285 (Medium).JPG

The old one:
IMG_0281 (Medium).JPG

Today i put on a set of Kenda Klever MT 285/75/16. I could not see myself spending allot on tires right now as i have been doing allot of PM work and have a bit left to go. But i wanted to splurge on myself a bit. I bought these on amazon for $715 shipped. I did do quite a bit of reading before i bought them so i knew what i was in for. So far today the reviews have been true.

I took them for a quick drive on the beach and i was very impressed with the the way they handled the soft sand. I did not feel a lose of traction at anytime. The grip was fantastic and i didnt have to speed up to gain traction at any point.

I will add that these are twice as loud as the BFG AT KO's i used to have. I can feel the lugs during acceleration. There is a constant noise like you should expect from an aggressive tire. I cant comment on the tread life, but this is my DD and i not going to get upset if i dont see 30-40k miles. :)

Three of them took 12oz. to balance [6 inside and out]...wow. During my test drive i was veering to the right. I had an alignment done two weeks ago when i did my R&P, so i im wondering if i need another? Anyone care to comment?

IMG_0306.JPG

IMG_0309.JPG

IMG_0310.JPG

IMG_0313.JPG

IMG_0314.JPG

Last edited:
Nice Lookin Tires!! I'll keep thos in mind for my next set...

Thanks man. Cant wait to try them out soon. I had an alignment done a couple weeks ago and today im getting wondering to the right. Do i need another one or rotate tires?

I think your good, if u just had an alignment before the tires, u shdnt need another with just getting the new tires. try it out on a few different road types...

Thanks man. Cant wait to try them out soon. I had an alignment done a couple weeks ago and today im getting wondering to the right. Do i need another one or rotate tires?
Check and make sure the air pressure is the same in all four tires, also if you bumped up in tire size it is not a bad idea to get aligned with the new tires.

TTT

Three of them took 12oz. to balance [6 inside and out]...wow. During my test drive i was veering to the right. I had an alignment done two weeks ago when i did my R&P, so i im wondering if i need another? Anyone care to comment?

Check and make sure the air pressure is the same in all four tires, also if you bumped up in tire size it is not a bad idea to get aligned with the new tires.

Thanks! Just noticed your reply. Will take it for an alignment.

Well i think i fixed the pulling to the right. I swapped the two front tires with each other took it for a 20 minute ride and no more pulling. I followed this guide:

Diagnosing Tire Pull

Place Holder: Kenda Klever MT 285/75/16 @ 3 months

So its been three months and the tires are wearing well. I have taken them out twice so far and i have ZERO complaints. Last time was during a rainy and muddy day. They performed flawlessly. No slipping during hill climbs or in mud. I went as slow as i needed to and not once did i have to step on it to gain momentum.

This is exactly what i was looking for. Not having to speed thru obstacles and risk breaking something.

Last edited:
Place Holder: Kenda Klever MT 285/75/16 @ 6 months

Place Holder: Kenda Klever MT 285/75/16 @ 12 months

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom