Builds Broski's Adventure Rig build thread (12 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

^^^^^ This
My rig is purpose built for hard core technical rock crawling.
Before a huge debate gets started I know there are better platforms for rock crawlers and 80s are better suited for overlanders.
I wanted to brake that mold, built correctly for the task it has proven to be a contender !!
Ha ha I also like to role up the windows and turn on the AC in comfort ;)
Well, in that case I think you've done well. I like this thread for the videos and :popcorn:your progress. After reading @Feldrian 's explanation, I guess I missed that or just forgot. Being an "overlander" for the most part, I still enjoy watching an 80 tackle extreme terrain. I agree, rolling up the windows and turning on the A/C in triple digit temps, despite the terrain is one feature of the 80 that is pure gold. Yeah, jeeps and other rigs may have A/C, but I wave at them as I pass them with their hoods up or trailing gear oil from a broken drive train.👍

We made it to Hurricane Utah, as we were Approaching we saw lightning.
By the time we checked into the KOA the sky opened up and started dumping buckets of water.
It was like flash flood in the camp site just getting out of the truck and into the camper all three of us were soaking wet 😂🤣

Hiding from a good storm at Casey's in Amarillo. We'll see you folks soon!

SAS

2BD8052E-6A72-4CCB-A50D-A8C90896EEC3.jpeg

1397F1E9-584A-454C-AB32-5BF3EF7B3D5F.jpeg

154FED72-644E-4E1A-ACF3-FF9FF71EE02E.jpeg

SAS

FE7F46F3-1CC1-4B5B-9411-ADED13CCAA7D.jpeg

49B23F85-E010-4DD7-B9B0-CC80B00AA375.jpeg

DC37D38B-3D69-42CE-BCC6-6C0099AF8B78.jpeg

F873E625-A7F3-4806-9319-569A0C52EEE2.jpeg

C4B65F3B-C565-433A-BEBD-ACF9C860E040.jpeg

Back from SAS, It was a great trip spent time with my son, lots of good trail riding.
1660051860320.png

1660052116733.png

1660052173235.png

1660052235639.png

1660052342508.png

Black Bear pass looking over Telluride
1660052605084.png

1660052708986.png

With all the rain the Alpine Meadows were full of beautiful flowers it was incredible.
1660053062922.png

Sassy was loving it.
1660053162904.png

1660053219901.png

Just amazing, can't wait for next year !!

Thanks for the share.
Crawlerado is an Epic place... defiantly an bucket list place to experience.

Out of curiosity, how did the Hummer do? Always been fascinated by those military rigs. Seems like the width could get to be an issue and the independent axles at both ends would be fun to experience. A couple of H1 action pics would be interesting, just for variety. "Apples & oranges" compared to LC's - but "inquiring minds"...;)

Since we're all :popcorn:

Out of curiosity, how did the Hummer do? Always been fascinated by those military rigs. Seems like the width could get to be an issue and the independent axles at both ends would be fun to experience. A couple of H1 action pics would be interesting, just for variety. "Apples & oranges" compared to LC's - but "inquiring minds"...;)

Since we're all :popcorn:
It was a Toyota get together. and supposed to be solid axle trucks only !! hence the name of the Event ( Solid Axle Summit )
It's a loosely organized event and the Mega Cruiser is a unique and cool vehicle and a Toyota so it was allowed ;)
It belongs to Proffitt's Resurrection LC and was being driven by DJ one of there employee's, he was being careful not to damage it so no hard core action 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Great pics ... though a bit more tame than what you usually post :cool:
Sometimes it's nice to just take in the Mountain scenery !!

It was a Toyota get together. and supposed to be solid axle trucks only !! hence the name of the Event ( Solid Axle Summit )
It's a loosely organized event and the Mega Cruiser is a unique and cool vehicle and a Toyota so it was allowed ;)
It belongs Proffitt's Resurrection LC and was being driven by DJ one of there employees, he was being careful not to damage it so no hard core action 🤷‍♂️
So that's what SAS stands for. Understood. After reading @Heckraiser 's link, it looks to be a pretty rare rig.

1660052708986.png

With all the rain the Alpine Meadows were full of beautiful flowers it was incredible.
I'm pretty sure it rains there about every evening. I don't remember the last time I was on Blackbear and didn't get wet. You really want to see the flower fireworks go up in early July. Good to see you got to run Poughkeepsie gulch, that seems more you style, the rest of the area is really more scenic high altitude driving.

I'm pretty sure it rains there about every evening. I don't remember the last time I was on Blackbear and didn't get wet. You really want to see the flower fireworks go up in early July. Good to see you got to run Poughkeepsie gulch, that seems more you style, the rest of the area is really more scenic high altitude driving.
There was definitely more rain this year then last year and more wild flowers then I saw last year.
We did not get any rain on Black Bear, still it was a great run.
Ran Poughkeepsie this year and last year, the wall is fun but the trail is still more scenic then technical as are most of the trails in the area. But I come here knowing that, It's a relaxing change from the hard core technical stuff I usually enjoy ;)
I won't be back tell next Aug. so I well miss the fire works in July 🤷‍♂️

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom