Bolt on turbo kit (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Time for an update...

11 of you got an email from me that your turbo kit is getting kitted and should be going out soon. Well today that got one step closer. All of the turbo blankets showed up. And just now the downpipe blankets showed up. Holy hell its been a long ass time.

Now the other two pieces of the puzzle, hoses and pipes, got sidetracked. The hose samples came in for me to approve and everything was perfect EXCEPT one of the hose ends wasn't black zinc. I WAS gonna say FAWK IT I DON'T CARE ANY F'ING MORE but the pipe guy said the J-pipes are done but the downpipes are still delayed "a little bit". So the hoses were rejected to have the correct color ends put on. So these 11 are still going out and then its off to the batch after it.

The batch after these will get me all caught up and frankly I can't wait to be done with these stupid things.

View attachment 2497925
Thanks for the update. I/we appreciate it

Time for an update...

11 of you got an email from me that your turbo kit is getting kitted and should be going out soon. Well today that got one step closer. All of the turbo blankets showed up. And just now the downpipe blankets showed up. Holy hell its been a long ass time.

Now the other two pieces of the puzzle, hoses and pipes, got sidetracked. The hose samples came in for me to approve and everything was perfect EXCEPT one of the hose ends wasn't black zinc. I WAS gonna say FAWK IT I DON'T CARE ANY F'ING MORE but the pipe guy said the J-pipes are done but the downpipes are still delayed "a little bit". So the hoses were rejected to have the correct color ends put on. So these 11 are still going out and then its off to the batch after it.

The batch after these will get me all caught up and frankly I can't wait to be done with these stupid things.

View attachment 2497925
It’s a shame it wasn’t a more positive experience for you Joey after all you have gone through to do this. 2020 hasn’t been positive for anyone.

I don’t see that happening. I’m heavily HEAVILY leaning towards sun setting this.
Please don't do that! :frown: Some of us are working hard to get our trucks (and wallets) ready for your kit. Here's to hoping 2021 shines nicely upon you so that a few more of us can enjoy your fine engineering. :beer: If there was a layaway list I'd be on it.

Joey, don't call it quits yet. I now you have hit a hard spot from the family matters you are dealing with that are only exacerbated by this COVID Crap. Most of us will never ever understand or experience how this has impacted you and your family. The stress levels have had to be agonizingly painful from an emotional point of view. If nothing else, take a break until things settle down, but don't shut down the turbos yet. We ALL appreciate your efforts, attention to detail and personal attention to this and, as a vendor, WE need you to stick it out.

As always, we will continue to support you and all your efforts and you have all of our best wishes for everyone and everything in your life.

I would guess another big part of the puzzle is the number of suppliers and all their different turn around times, delays, and failures taking a toll on him. This combined with the rest is too much.

@NLXTACY I know you've had a hell of a 2020 and don't need any more headaches so get the bias to discontinue for sure. If there's any chance to do a "last call" solicitation for those of us who are interested but haven't scraped together the time & money that would be great. If I knew it was about to be game over I'd find a way to make it happen now.

Either way, we support you and I personally am willing to wait for a while to receive a kit if that's what it takes to lighten the load.

I agree this is an amazing kit! Well worth the money, sweat, & tears that, literally, went into this project I’m sure.

Not to add more to your plate, BUT, do you have any timeframe or know when you will get back with SEMA again for the smog exception testing?

I paid my DMV fees so I’m not too worried about the smog, but technically I’m not fully registered til smog is complete. 6 months from know I’ll be worried about being parked on the street & parking control wanting to yank my rig for expired registration.

I'm trying to gear up and finally install my kit. Covid hit hard this spring but recovering now unless round two strikes hard. Good news is the new motor has 7500 miles on it and purring nicely and asking for boost.

We’re did you get the motor from?

We’re did you get the motor from?

Full rebuild with factory parts. So not new as in complete assembly from Toyota but like new.

I don’t see that happening. I’m heavily HEAVILY leaning towards sun setting this.
youve put in so much love and attention you have the love and attention of all of us. you give so much you do what you need to do to keep yourself up. what ever you do you have so much love

I hope it’s a long sunset, Joey. Seriously.

2020 was a$$ for us all, but I got an extra $8K of dental work, a $1800 root canal - and as a topper -
20+ staples in my scalp & some stitches too, and a new set of 504 concussion protocols to “enjoy” :mad:

My co-pay for the head and all out-of-pocket dental would have paid for 2 kits.

So I seriously hope the sun doesn’t set too quick on this, I just finished paying off all my “fun stuff” & deserve a heck of a few Form 4 items or a turbo.

I’d like a turbo, but ’20 ate my lunch too. :mad:

My 80 was totaled several months ago by an idiot in a Durango and my Witts End kit is up for sale in the classifieds if anyone is interested.

My 80 was totaled several months ago by an idiot in a Durango and my Witts End kit is up for sale in the classifieds if anyone is interested.

Pm sent

Ugh.

I thought I had a crap story.

At least my 80 is still a real deal ride, I just have no appreciable ”Turbo $$$ fund” now.

No debt from the ”fun times” - but no wad of hundo’s with a rubberband sitting & waiting either. Ground zero. :meh:

Is anyone pushing above 5PSI without an intercooler?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom