Blue fabric search! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, I’m looking on where to get this blue fabric used on the seats and door panels in my 1996 FZJ80. I was wondering if anyone had success finding some. Thanks.

IMG_2983.jpeg

I'm guessing no.

Most folks on here will answer if they have any idea.

Looks like you get to be the one to find the source and provide it to the masses.

Have you looked on partsouq to see if you can buy the replacement Toyota seat covers and panels?

It is actually a possibility.

Yes I’ve tried partsouq and I have seen the same seats in Japanese and Australian models. Figured someone else had run across this pattern and knew the name or where to look.

Your best bet to identify interior vinyl or cloth is to look for a "Detroit Book".

This site has a bunch of PDF scans:

Even if you are able to identify the pattern, it's *phenomenally* unlikely that you could find any of the fabric. Interior designs follow trends and it's been a long time since that was in fashion. IMO, your best bet is to find something available now that vaguely matches the rest of the interior (it's hard to match 90s Bluish Gray, for example), and have the seats and door panels reupholstered for a uniform look. Or go all-out with a seat swap (80 seats suck) and custom door panels.

Albright's Supply is a good online upholstery source with a ton of products.

Surprised no one has commented that the OP said it was a 1996 but the seats and center console appear to be from the early years. At first I was wondering if they misprinted the year but the seatbelt adjustment looks right for the 96. This would mean someone took the time to swap the seats, door cards and center console but the more logical answer is this is an import (IDB the pattern shown was available in the US market).

@brm2993 could this be an import?

Surprised no one has commented that the OP said it was a 1996 but the seats and center console appear to be from the early years. At first I was wondering if they misprinted the year but the seatbelt adjustment looks right for the 96. This would mean someone took the time to swap the seats, door cards and center console but the more logical answer is this is an import (IDB the pattern shown was available in the US market).

I think it’s not likely the interior was replaced. The fabric pattern is the same as 90 series sold outside the US. I also got a set of third row seats from a 97 in Japan. The center is this pattern but the sides are solid/darker blue. I’ve done a lot of google searching and I just don’t see this pattern. It’s certainly factory due to the fit and finish. Could it be a Canadian model?

IDB stands for I don't believe right? Well, your mind is going to be blown! Those are 1996 seats for those rare cloth models here in the states. Head over to the classified section or do a search here and you'll see a few. I've only seen brown personally but they looked just like these.

To the OP, you are better off looking for evidence of UFOs than trying to find a piece of that fabric. No one knows the exact numbers but 80 series with these seats are probably single digit percentage of total sold.

Good luck!

I searched for 6 months to find the matching grey houndstooth that the 70 series had in Canada.

No luck, in the end I bought the rear bench seat fabric from a 70 series, had it cleaned in a commercial operation and my upholstery man used that. Came out perfect!

27581107-FDD5-41E9-90D4-E421A56CBF8A.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom