Blown up in Bluff Utah (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

RFB

97 FZJ80 LIFTED SC DUAL BATTERIES,37s
Threads
Website
www.youtube.com
long story short drove down 95 s to 40west then up 191n heading to MOAB picked up a strange squeaking in Texas pulling over checking everything finally almost out of Arizona I open diff aerated I cut the breather line and it pressurized. Now I have a loud cyclical clunking in the front end if I pull the DS and spindles will that shut it down. I have a hundred miles to MOAB and parts. Cell service is horrible here

Just lock your center and pull the DS and drive flanges

Reactions: RFB
I open diff aerated I cut the breather line and it pressurized. Now I have a loud cyclical clunking in the front end
What

Hopefully you can sort this out on your own. If you get to a stopping point and need help-
If you don’t 420 the local SO or UHP usually has someone on duty in Bluff. Worse case they can get you a tow. They will probably know if there’s a shop with a lift open today in the bluff area.

Or-
One of the most honest mechs / shop in the area, which is a ways from bluff but on the way to Moab, is Shafers in Monticello. There’s a Napa in Monticello as well. HTH

The front is junk the rear I caught intime I’m draining and refilling the rear. Luckily I found a store owner that let me park so I’m taking it apart now I’m behind the K&C store and gas station in BLUFF if anyone needs a laugh. This sucks

So did it build pressure, due to diff vents being clogged, push all the gear oil out of the diff/into the birfs and destroy the R&P because it ran dry? Kind of unclear what happened here. If so, lock CDL, remove front shaft and continue on.

I had a hardware failure in Moab last sept. I got a couple good suggestions in this thread. Metric TLC in Grand juntion, CO. I ended up only needing an axle shaft so a shop in Moab was good enough. You may prefer a Landcruiser guy for your issue. Good luck!
RTH broken pinion in Moab-shop suggestions

Navtec in Moab has a fleet of 80s. I don't know if they maintain them in-house or if they send them out.

NAVTEC Expeditions - Home

I called Navtec for help and info. They told me that their in-house mechanic was busy. Haha

I leave the breathers disconnected if they clog up they will usually blow out the pinion seal first, hook um back up when ya go thru water or change out to better filter on the breather

This is pretty cool! This part of the country for those that haven't been there is pretty remote. And here on mud you have half a dozen guys within the area offering to help. Hell I lived in one of the most populated areas of the country and you couldn't find a dozen people willing to help out on a weekend. Big difference between out west and the northeast. Haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom