BJ74 trip to the Spa. (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I believe you are correct. The label is very faded.

real nice racks ...
i have had a few on the trucks i imported, light, strong and quality parts.

One from this afternoon. A new OEM fender in place. It goes into the paint shop tomorrow.

IMG_1543.jpg

I may have missed it in your thread but was the original right fender beyond repair?

Both fenders have multiple trail bruises and the RH took a decent hit right at the apex of all the funky angles right behind the tire. No rust but the new fenders were reasonable enough that it was not a lot more to go new. I am saving the originals for a rainy day. Since they are off and easier to work I may just have the body guy go ahead and straighten them and prime for future use.

Both fenders have multiple trail bruises and the RH took a decent hit right at the apex of all the funky angles right behind the tire. No rust but the new fenders were reasonable enough that it was not a lot more to go new. I am saving the originals for a rainy day. Since they are off and easier to work I may just have the body guy go ahead and straighten them and prime for future use.

Seems like a reasonable plan.

A couple from today.

We discovered that at some point one, or possibly both, of the batteries leaked and made a bit of a mess. The trays were removed and inner fender was cleaned up.

IMG_1544.jpg

IMG_1545.jpg

IMG_1549.jpg

IMG_1548.jpg

I imagine they scuffed it with rotary scotch discs. I am going over there shortly to drop some rehabbed trim off and I'll ask.

The trays are a fiberglass material that the acid does not seem to affect. The top ties are steel and intact. The tray material is very similar to (probably the same stuff actually) what the 80 Series battery boxes are made out of.

The trays are a fiberglass material that the acid does not seem to affect. The top ties are steel and intact. The tray material is very similar to (probably the same stuff actually) that the 80 Series battery boxes are made out of.

Learn something everyday ...... I assumed the trays were metal.

I assumed they were until the batteries came out and exposed them. I was surprised because 60/62 trays are steel.

Toyota probably went with fiberglass to lessen the weight ..... a common practice in high performance vehicles. If I am not mistaken Ferrari also uses fiberglass battery trays. :)

In prime.

IMG_1583.jpg

:rimshot:

For those of you just tuning in that was an inside joke, cleanly played by Charles

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom