BJ74 trip to the Spa. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm working on my turbo emblem right now. My grille turbo emblem is missing. what are the approximate dimensions on yours?

I'm working on my turbo emblem right now. My grille turbo emblem is missing. what are the approximate dimensions on yours?

My grille emblem is also missing. The one on my HJ75 is still present but I don't know if they are the same. ..... Sorry

I guess I need to look for two of them then...:)

I guess I need to look for two of them then...:)

Discount by quantity is a great concept. :D
We also need to find the munchkins that are going around stealing the emblems. :)

What make of roof rack is on your 74 and how did you fix the mount brackets? More close-up photos would be great. Thanks

What make of roof rack is on your 74 and how did you fix the mount brackets? More close-up photos would be great. Thanks

The rack is a vintage JDM Aiba Works that I obtained from Mot when I was his guest in Japan in 2010. It is a rail mount design and I used Thule Artificial Rain Gutters on the FRP top. The Thule part number is 542. I did not through-bolt them as designed (it is a two layer top with a void that will collapse the layers if through-bolted). Instead I set 8mm steel nutserts in the roof outer layer. I had to relocate the front rack crossbar about 4 inches to the rear of its original location. I also had to fabricate 1/4 inch spacers to raise the rack up off the mounts to clear the center roof rail. I just barely got it up there before the truck went to the body shop so I do not currently have mount detail shots. I will get some when I visit the project.

Photo_03.jpg

Photo_06.jpg

Last edited:
I have a turbo emblem, they are still available from Toyota. I have the part number on the computer at home.

I have a turbo emblem, they are still available from Toyota. I have the part number on the computer at home.

The grille Turbo emblem? for late 1980s? That should be 75312-90K02 and that has been a dead end for me.

A couple more details. I could not get a replacement RHD antenna. I was able to get a LHD piece which differs on the bottom bracket and the top inner flange. I was able to salvage those pieces from the damaged original antenna and transfer them to the new LHD piece. Essentially turning it inside out. I also refreshed the LX tailgate emblem.

No production pics from today but the left quarter has been repaired, all the dings on the left side are addressed and the holes in the FRP top have been filled.

IMGP2819.jpg

IMGP2820.jpg

IMGP2821.jpg

IMGP2822.jpg

Last edited:
A few new production pics.

1a4390940b3141d182cd00c87b0594d8.jpg

342a926b4991427ca4b08c5db6b5059e.jpg

b237317f564f47cfaa0f03d22540ec06.jpg

9801cbae24274185a4f1b2e78a3b86d6.jpg

keep the stripes ...
seriously.

I'm still not convinced either way. I am leaning away from them but I want to see the truck all one color plain before I make the final decision.

Keep the stripes Dan!! Part of the "cool factor".

Keep the stripes Dan!! Part of the "cool factor".

I really like this turbo decal for the doors. Just the "turbo" not all the rest of it. According to Shane's site it is about 16 inches long.

1386998200248-1944188403[1].jpg

1386998200248-1944188403[1].jpg

keep the stripes ...
seriously.

Yeah I also like them with that color, but NOT the "turbo" letters that come along. Like it on the grill though. Also not sure about the big "LandCruiser" wording on the top. different tastes...

The "Land Cruiser" on the FRP top is actually moulded into the top.

The "Land Cruiser" on the FRP top is actually moulded into the top.

Here's one without lettering colored. I kind of like the understated approach.

My 2 cents - save the stripes for your old age when you need to find the rig at the mall. I remember the '80s (or at least some of it) and vinyl orange is a gift best served much later in life.

PS - Lovely truck, Dan. :bounce::bounce2:

LCtop.jpg

Dan, here is mine with the top not colored in with stripes. Retro like you in the 80's LOL!!

image-3212382108.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom